what ethernet card for xp pro?

I bought a NC100U-WM Network card from Walmart (I know..it was cheap :->)
.... and got everything working I think, except that while the box says that
it is compatible with XP, the floppy doesn't have anything on it that would
correspond to XP ... anyway, it looks like its working ok, all the lights
light up - but the connection won't go anywhere except the centurytel
diagnostics page - I called tech support at century tel - but of course its
after 5 and they can't help me till Monday (even with their supposedly 24/7
support!)

I hooked earthlink back up and googled this card and seems like there is a
lot of trouble with the drivers not being compatible with XP pro.... does
anyone know a workaround - or should I take this back to Walmart ... and if
so, what do I buy to work with DSL for century-tel - my computer didn't have
an ethernet card on it

thanks!
Pam

you should not have a problem with ethernet card. I know of no problem with
nic cards. You may not of enabled the card in the connection settings or
device manager. Go to start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager
and right click on network adapters. scan for hardware changes and see if
windows detect your card. It should and it should install a driver. Or you
can put the cd in and when it says search location tell it to search the cd
rom drive. This should do the trick.