Need some serious help

I made a thread a month or so ago, about in total war shogun 2 getting horrible fps where as in other games I could get great fps.


I've been having this problem occur commonly now getting terrible frames in one game and amazing frames in another.

Here are my specs, as you can see they could handle games Like Shogun 2 and Arma 2 which are the games I'm having a problem with. But I have no clue what the problem is and I need some help.



I can get 60fps max settings on arkham city, so this is ridiculous. My 550ti drivers are fully updated also.
15 answers Last reply
More about need help
  1. hmm its weird ...what other games do you experience horrible fps ?
  2. mohit9206 said:
    hmm its weird ...what other games do you experience horrible fps ?



    I got really bad fps in Human revolution, but that's all i've tested for now.
  3. check to see that the game using the right version of direct x. see if the game using version 9 or 10.
  4. smorizio said:
    check to see that the game using the right version of direct x. see if the game using version 9 or 10.



    Sorry about the very late reply,

    The game is using direct x 11
  5. turn off the direct x 11 mode and try playing in dx9 mode..it should improve your fps
  6. mohit9206 said:
    turn off the direct x 11 mode and try playing in dx9 mode..it should improve your fps



    There is no difference what so ever the fps is still 5-10
  7. What's your CPU usage during lag?
  8. Sunius said:
    What's your CPU usage during lag?



    How do I find out
  9. Open up the task manager, go to performance tab, you'll see the CPU usage graph. Then open up a game, wait for it to start lagging, then minimize it and check how the graph looked.
  10. Sunius said:
    Open up the task manager, go to performance tab, you'll see the CPU usage graph. Then open up a game, wait for it to start lagging, then minimize it and check how the graph looked.



    Here it is. I'm no tech wizard but I dont think this is right...

  11. It's not right at all. Mind taking a screenshot of processes tab of task manager, when "show processes from all users" is clicked and the list is sorted by user name?
  12. Sunius said:
    It's not right at all. Mind taking a screenshot of processes tab of task manager, when "show processes from all users" is clicked and the list is sorted by user name?



    Here you go, not sure if this is what you ment.}
  13. YOu really got to maximize that list or take multiple screenshots... I can only see 1/3 of the processes. Also, do that when you're lagging.
  14. Sunius said:
    YOu really got to maximize that list or take multiple screenshots... I can only see 1/3 of the processes. Also, do that when you're lagging.



    Here is the first half





    And here is the second half (these were taken when laggy)

  15. Okay that's very strange. At this point I'd suspect something is seriously wrong with Windows. I'd suggest a reinstall. I know this might sound rough, but it's the next logical step towards resolving your issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Games FPS Graphics