Is this dangerous? I'm thinking about trying it myself.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=znLEZvxZTZI&
9 answers Last reply
More about dangerous thinking myself
  1. It is dangerous and I don;t know what kind of material he used for cooling...

edit: It might be salt water... It reaches -20Co or more...
  2. Yeah. That can is made of cardboard. When the ice starts melting it will eventually eat through the cardboard and fry your system.
  3. Really interesting video! Never seen
  4. Dry Ice cooling has been used for a while. If you're looking to establish bechmarks, the use of DI is a start - you can isolate your best core with it before pouring LN on it. The use of a pringles can full of dry ice is just silly IMO, it'll work, I have no doubt there and it is quite a bit less expensive than a real cooling pot but there is a reason benchmarkers don't use pringles cans.
    For a fun strange thing to do I have no problem with doing things like that but a pringles can just isn't going to take the place of a cooling pot IMO. But like a cooling pot, undivided attention must be given to it - as soon as it's empty, you're going to overheat very quickly
    For what it's worth
  5. Yes its dangerous, the mobo is not insulated against the inevitable water thats going to melt onto it
    Cool as a oneoff 'lookit mah Pc' but not a useful setup for extreme clocking or longterm use
    Its not Dry ice btw, just regular ice
    Moto
  6. Its just regular water and I only wanted to do it as a one off extreme run. Plus the bottom of the can is metal.
  7. Good catch to both Memnarchon and Moto, I didn't pay attention to the temp of the can other than to notice it was minus C. I simply assumed DI beacuse of that and also the outside of the can looks alot like the outside of a cooling pot with DI inside - the lack of vapor did have me a little confused though but somehow I quickly ignored that. With that in mind, I'm changing my answer from silly to stupid
  8. timil said:
    Its just regular water and I only wanted to do it as a one off extreme run. Plus the bottom of the can is metal.

Regular water can't reach -15Co that the measurement device detect.
    It might be water + salt at about 15% salt i think.
  9. timil said:
    Its just regular water and I only wanted to do it as a one off extreme run. Plus the bottom of the can is metal.

Since interest is there and extreme cooling can be fun, I'll refer you to this article http://www.overclockers.com/an-introduction-to-extreme-cooling/ which should answer much
    Enjoy
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs YouTube