Sign in with
Your question

Can't connect Canon MX330 to Network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 6, 2011 7:51:06 PM

SOLVED

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

I am trying to setup a network for my mother. They have 3 laptops and a Canon MX330 Printer. I am using an aris wireless modem, all pc's are connected wirelessly to the modem successfully. The printer only has a USB connection from it, so I purchased a Belkin router with wireless and USB.

When I connect the USB to the belkin, the only way to print is by using one pc always connected. I want to be able to print from any laptop without having one remain "on." When I use any pc and try to add a printer it is NOT found on the network.

Is there an easier way to connect the printer to the network, so it can be viewed by any pc trying to connect?
November 10, 2011 1:25:30 PM

Is the printer only connected to the belkin router? Is it setup maybe to run as a share though one PC instead of being connected directly on the other computer? How did you set up the printer on the other computers?
m
l
November 10, 2011 3:47:45 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Is the printer only connected to the belkin router? Is it setup maybe to run as a share though one PC instead of being connected directly on the other computer? How did you set up the printer on the other computers?

Thanks for the reply.

I figured it out. Because it is a USB, you have to go into the Belkin setup on EACH pc and manually share it. There is an icon (Belkin) on the bottom right of the screen, then select the networked items and printer and share center. Then you can make the adjustments. It works now on all pc's. Thank you.
m
l
!