System does not start - stays on with CPU-LED lit up

arunloveshacking

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Hello,

My system is experiencing problems lately, all of a sudden. 3 days ago, the system shut down and restarted automatically when watching a movie, and when it restarted, it went on till bios and then restarted again, and this happened in a loop. I switched off the mains for sometime and switched on again to see that the system switches on and immediately switches off, then automatically switches on and the CPU-LED stays lit.

I have :

Removed the motherboard from casing and connected only the PSU and CPU, with cooler, yet it does not go past the CPU-LED. I tried removing the CPU and re-seating it, to no effect. Tried different combinations of RAM, and without RAM too - it does not go past the cpu LED.

What exactly happens:

I press power button, the pc switches on and almost immediately switches off and again switches on with CPU-LED on. The CPU-Fan runs in full speed when this happens.

When it first happened, i left the pc turned off for a whole night and started the next day and it started as if nothing has happened, then again after few hours it started shutting down and restarting. The same happened when i left my pc off for almost 6 hours yesterday and it worked for few hours before it started acting weird.

Now even after long gap it does not start, but stays in the CPU-LED on stage with cpu fans whirring at high speed.

My config -

CPU - core i7 2600K
MB- Asus P8P67 Pro
PSU - Corsair TX 750
RAM - 2 x 4GB GSkill
Graphics - HD 6950 2GB[sapphire]

Please help me isolate the issue. I do not wish to spend money in replacing the properly working component!!!!

The CPU pins and the MB pins seems to be fine, no bent pins, as far as I have seen.

Kindly help me... I don have a spare PSU or CPU :(

arunloveshacking

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Hi o1die - Did that too. Removed the battery too, then tried tried removing the CLRTC jumper - no progress. After one whole day of rest, I switched on today to find that it started fine, ran for an hour or so, then again shutdown and started the old stuff again..

I am frustrated with this