Startup additions or omissions

I use to use MSCONFIG to modify my startup loads. Now I have XP Pro and what
I see using MSCONFIG isn't as easy to deal with. What is the easiest method
to add or modify what software loads at startup?
2 answers Last reply
More about startup additions omissions

    In news:8E77F980-557A-47BA-A251-80E64F8E1DC4@microsoft.com,
    PJH <PHAWORTH_OREGON@HOTMAIL.COM.(donotspam)> typed:

    > I use to use MSCONFIG to modify my startup loads. Now I have
    > XP Pro
    > and what I see using MSCONFIG isn't as easy to deal with.

    Sure it is. Why do you think it isn't.

    > What is
    > the easiest method to add or modify what software loads at
    > startup?

    There are similar third-party programs, such as the very good
    freeware Startup Control Panel by Mike Lin at
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    But before you use any program , on each program you don't want
    to start automatically, check its Options to see if it has the
    choice not to start (make sure you actually choose the option not
    to run it, not just a "don't show icon" option). Many can easily
    and best be stopped that way.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    I use Autoruns, a free application, available here:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/autoruns.html

    Donny Broome
    donny AT broomeman DOT com
    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "PJH" <PHAWORTH_OREGON@HOTMAIL.COM.(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >I use to use MSCONFIG to modify my startup loads. Now I have XP Pro and
    >what
    > I see using MSCONFIG isn't as easy to deal with. What is the easiest
    > method
    > to add or modify what software loads at startup?

Configuration Msconfig Customization Microsoft Windows XP