Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst Update Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2012 2:28:24 PM

Hello, I recently updated my CCC to 12.7 beta, and I have been plagued by issues, but this one wants me to break the system. The problem is , Everywhere , where there should be a button, there is only blank space (empty). Like, In the place of Cancel or OK, it is completely blank. It is present in CCC , and in all games startup. I tried completely removing the drivers, reinstalling, and installing WHQL drivers too, but no effect. Kindly help me.
August 13, 2012 2:45:51 PM

arunloveshacking said:
Hello, I recently updated my CCC to 12.7 beta, and I have been plagued by issues, but this one wants me to break the system. The problem is , Everywhere , where there should be a button, there is only blank space (empty). Like, In the place of Cancel or OK, it is completely blank. It is present in CCC , and in all games startup. I tried completely removing the drivers, reinstalling, and installing WHQL drivers too, but no effect. Kindly help me.

Try updating your Microsoft .Net to the latest (version 3.5 and up). CCC requires newest versions of .Net to work properly sometimes.
August 13, 2012 2:49:07 PM

Maxx_Power said:
Try updating your Microsoft .Net to the latest (version 3.5 and up). CCC requires newest versions of .Net to work properly sometimes.

Hi,

I tried it. I updated to .Net 4.0 , along with windows updates. It works perfectly in Win 8(dual boot), so I gues something mnuist have gone wrong while installing .Net framework earlier. Is there a way to repair other than re-installing Win 7? I cant restore as it alsways gives error that it failed, and asks to disable Anti-Virus, which I do.
Related resources
August 13, 2012 2:52:03 PM

arunloveshacking said:
Hi,

I tried it. I updated to .Net 4.0 , along with windows updates. It works perfectly in Win 8(dual boot), so I gues something mnuist have gone wrong while installing .Net framework earlier. Is there a way to repair other than re-installing Win 7? I cant restore as it alsways gives error that it failed, and asks to disable Anti-Virus, which I do.

Hmm, I remember I had issues like this too with CCC and .Net. Try uninstalling all .Net versions, and reinstall it. If I remember correctly, microsoft will tell you to install previous versions first. You could just try uninstalling the latest .Net version, and try CCC, if it works, you can stop there. If not, you can uninstall the next version until CCC says the .Net version is too low, then reinstall that version you just removed.
August 13, 2012 2:55:13 PM

Maxx_Power said:
Hmm, I remember I had issues like this too with CCC and .Net. Try uninstalling all .Net versions, and reinstall it. If I remember correctly, microsoft will tell you to install previous versions first. You could just try uninstalling the latest .Net version, and try CCC, if it works, you can stop there. If not, you can uninstall the next version until CCC says the .Net version is too low, then reinstall that version you just removed.

Hmm, I will try it ands revert back.. :)  thanks for the tip :) 
August 13, 2012 3:02:43 PM

arunloveshacking said:
Hmm, I will try it ands revert back.. :)  thanks for the tip :) 

I absolutely deplore my CCC after I had issues with it. Try this software, you may like it as a CCC replacement:

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/
!