Sign in with
Your question

1500€ Gaming Machine.

Last response: in Systems
October 4, 2012 4:04:16 PM

Hey guys!

so i think i made my final decesion.. i had alot of doubts with this build..
Mobo/Case/Cooler/Mobo wise.. these were the hardest doubts i had..
But i guess i have my final build right here..
Please guys leave you're feedback on this build wich i could change and such things;. thanks.
my budget is around 2500 euro but i realy dont want to waste "2500" on this build yet.. yet.

CPU : Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz ( Want to overclock @ 4;5ghz. )
i realy wanted a i7 processer but they cost a little bit to much.. ( if i dropped my corsair 650D i could get one.)

MOBO : MSI Z77A-GD65 S1155 Z77 4xDDR3 ATX
here i had alot of doubts about these motherboards :
ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
MSI Z77 M-POWER

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 670, 2048MB, TwinFrozr IV/PE
my first thoughts were the ZOTAC GTX670 AMP! edition & the EVGA GTX670 FTW edition.
now about the gtx670FTW edition i heard alot problems with the card for example alot of RMA's / Blackscreens /stuttering.. i realy dont want to have a faulty card' and thats what scares me abit off to not buy the FTW edition. again the zotac edition costs 470Euro. again if i dropped the case i could get on and if i stayed with the i5.

CASE : Corsair 650D really love this case.. ( going to use the top fan for my H100 )

CPU COOLER : Corsair H100.
my first thought went to the HYPER 212+ since it doesnt cost alot and it cools realy well.
( do not want an noctua. its just to big. realy dont like it. )

SSD : OCZ Vertex 4 128GB

RAM : Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9
( wanted muskin with the msi-power mobo but my local store(s) dont have them so yeah. :(  :( 

PSU : Corsair 650Watt. ( modulair )

Now this could cost a lot less i guess.. if i dropped the H100 , CASE , but yeah i decide to go with it instead.

Please leave me some feedback what YOU guys think about this build..

later on im going to SLI these GTX670"s + maybe everything underwater i really love the Watercooling but its sad it does cost alot of Moneys..

thanks in advance!

- Dwaight

More about : 1500 gaming machine

October 4, 2012 4:34:35 PM

First off if you post the store you're buying from that will help to suggest parts. If you don't know of any check the link in my signature.

I'd get anything over an H100 - it's pretty much a plastic toy, if you're going to do liquid cooling - use the real thing or not at all.

Don't go for a monster motherboard like the Asus Maximus V, you'll never use all the features.

650W will be incredibly underpowered for a tri-SLI *AND* liquid cooling setup. If you want a powerful system, you'll need some serious power to match it. I'm thinking at least a Seasonic X1050 Gold, maybe a Corsair AX 1200i to be on the safe side.
October 4, 2012 4:47:37 PM

g-unit1111 said:
First off if you post the store you're buying from that will help to suggest parts. If you don't know of any check the link in my signature.

I'd get anything over an H100 - it's pretty much a plastic toy, if you're going to do liquid cooling - use the real thing or not at all.

Don't go for a monster motherboard like the Asus Maximus V, you'll never use all the features.

650W will be incredibly underpowered for a tri-SLI *AND* liquid cooling setup. If you want a powerful system, you'll need some serious power to match it. I'm thinking at least a Seasonic X1050 Gold, maybe a Corsair AX 1200i to be on the safe side.

well i wont call it a monster since its overpriced for its fuetures.
And i wont watercool everything now.

and i dont need a 1200W PSU. Because im not going to watercooling everything. ( not now , later )
same part for SLI-ing. its an idea for doing it ,means im not going to do it immediately.
but i understand it.. to be future proof already.

so wich cooler do you recommend me then?
since the H100 is a plastic toy?
want pretty cool temps..

ive looked on frozencpu.com and it pretty expensive.. ( water cooling ) so im not into watercooling now i realy would like to do it but the price is just goin up and up.

S
heard the asus maximus v gene is just overpriced.
since you can have mobo's with the same features at lower-costs.

www.Informatique.nl - most parts i order from

going to ORDER THE CORSAIR 650D from this site ----> www.tones.be

because tis only 209euro.

Related resources
October 4, 2012 5:39:20 PM

Quote:

And i wont watercool everything no

Again I will say if you're going to use liquid cooling use the real thing or don't use it at all. Tri SLI will require some serious cooling power. You're looking at at least 831W minimum, Tri SLI will probably use about 900W, so you'll want 1050W at minimum.

Quote:
want pretty cool temps..

I'd say something like a Swiftech Edge since it's an open block and can be customized to match your CPU and GPU solutions and it's really easy to install. I'm not sure if it's available in Netherlands or not, I'll have to check. There's definitely far better choices you can go with. I hear the Thermaltake Water 2.0 is better but it's still a closed block and I'm not sure how much I would trust it.

Quote:

Yes that's correct.

Quote:

The Corsair 650D is a nice case, alternately I'll suggest the NZXT Switch 810 as it's made for water cooling setups and can house three-fan liquid radiators and XL-ATX motherboards.

Quote:

OK I'll have to suggest a build in a few minutes.
October 4, 2012 5:51:05 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:

And i wont watercool everything no

Again I will say if you're going to use liquid cooling use the real thing or don't use it at all. Tri SLI will require some serious cooling power. You're looking at at least 831W minimum, Tri SLI will probably use about 900W, so you'll want 1050W at minimum.

Quote:
want pretty cool temps..

I'd say something like a Swiftech Edge since it's an open block and can be customized to match your CPU and GPU solutions and it's really easy to install. I'm not sure if it's available in Netherlands or not, I'll have to check. There's definitely far better choices you can go with. I hear the Thermaltake Water 2.0 is better but it's still a closed block and I'm not sure how much I would trust it.

Quote:

Yes that's correct.

Quote:

The Corsair 650D is a nice case, alternately I'll suggest the NZXT Switch 810 as it's made for water cooling setups and can house three-fan liquid radiators and XL-ATX motherboards.

Quote:

OK I'll have to suggest a build in a few minutes.

Im not going Sli nor watercooling yet.

its still a suggestion wich im not yet sure about

and thanks!!

October 4, 2012 7:27:49 PM

dwaight said:
Im not going Sli nor watercooling yet.

its still a suggestion wich im not yet sure about

and thanks!!

OK try this then:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D - 169,00 €
PSU: Seasonic X850 Gold - 199,00 €
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - 165,00 €
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - 239,00 €
Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B - 44,00 €
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR-3 1600Mhz 1.5V 2 x 4GB - 40,00 €
SSD: 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 - 195,00 €
HD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Red - 135,00 €
Optical: Lite On Bulk DVD Burner - 21,00 €
Video Card: MSI Twin FROZR 2GB Geforce GTX 670 - 421,00 €

Total: 1.638,00 €

I went a bit over budget but that should meet your needs and allow for room for SLI and water cooling expansion later on.
October 4, 2012 7:45:19 PM

g-unit1111 said:
OK try this then:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D - 169,00 €
PSU: Seasonic X850 Gold - 199,00 €
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - 165,00 €
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - 239,00 €
Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B - 44,00 €
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR-3 1600Mhz 1.5V 2 x 4GB - 40,00 €
SSD: 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 - 195,00 €
HD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Red - 135,00 €
Optical: Lite On Bulk DVD Burner - 21,00 €
Video Card: MSI Twin FROZR 2GB Geforce GTX 670 - 421,00 €

Total: 1.638,00 €

I went a bit over budget but that should meet your needs and allow for room for SLI and water cooling expansion later on.

is a bit over budget but yeah..
still have my doubts on 2500 budget.. is it really WORTH it to spend 2000+?
because the new gpu's are almost coming? 2013+?

But look oke what you suggested.

few things.
i think im enough with 128GB SSD.( realy dont need 256GB )
And with 1TB im enough also. wont be installing much.
several games and thats it.

also i looked at the NZXT 810 and i must say WOW.

that case completly changed my mind on the corsair 650D for real..

REALY like the design + inside of the case.. ( white version ) !
gonne change that right away!

so now lets say i'll spend 2000+ on a build.

im just worried about it lets say i'll get everything under-water and lets say some months later the new gpu's are releasing?
isn't that "money wasted" ?

thanks again for you're reply+parts.
!