Sign in with
Your question

Cooler starts, then stops, then starts again

Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2013 2:56:52 PM

Hey!
Well, i have a problem that does not cause me any trouble but i would prefer if it didn't happen.
Basically, when i boot my PC, the cooler starts for half a second, then stops, then starts again producing a loud noise. Plus, i think it produces more noise than it should when im playing heavy games like Far Cry 3 or Planetside 2. Anybody has any ideas? Is this normal?

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3
CPU: Intel 3570k with Stock Cooler
PSU: XFX Pro Core 550W

Here's a video showing the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7cjdsaLGM
February 18, 2013 2:32:17 PM

Anyone? Is it normal?
a c 103 à CPUs
February 18, 2013 2:34:56 PM

That seems a bit loud to me, although its a while since I heard a stock cooler,
nothing catching on the fanwire or blocking the blades that you can see?
Moto
Related resources
February 18, 2013 7:25:47 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
That seems a bit loud to me, although its a while since I heard a stock cooler,
nothing catching on the fanwire or blocking the blades that you can see?
Moto

Thanks for your answer!
No, nothing is blocking the blades, and its just that loud when i boot the pc, after 4-5 seconds it gets back to a normal sound, altough, i think it does more sound than it should while playing heavy games. Maybe its just this stock cooler that is loud. I may buy a good cooler later.

But what made me create this topic is the fact that the cooler starts, then stops, then starts again. I guess its just normal?
February 18, 2013 7:56:00 PM

Dav1dante said:
Thanks for your answer!
No, nothing is blocking the blades, and its just that loud when i boot the pc, after 4-5 seconds it gets back to a normal sound, altough, i think it does more sound than it should while playing heavy games. Maybe its just this stock cooler that is loud. I may buy a good cooler later.

But what made me create this topic is the fact that the cooler starts, then stops, then starts again. I guess its just normal?

Normal, happened to my Hyper 212+ for 3 years without a problem. As for the sound, the stock cooler probably is just not enough during gaming, and the fan probably runs at a higher rpm creating a lot more sound. I'm sure a bigger and more efficient cooler will help out with that.
!