New computer running at lower performance.

Endowments

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Recently bought a budget gaming rig and the overall performance hasn't been as high as I had expected. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, but if anyone had any insight on the parts that I'm using and anything that could be causing it to not be used to it's fullest potential I would be grateful. I have problems maxing out Torchlight 2 which I figured would have been easily done with this setup, yet I found myself lagging/stuttering at 20 FPS during large pulls. Also having problems in World of Warcraft where I believe I should be able to run Ultra, except I'm stuck at good to high settings on 8x Anisotropic, Low Shadow Quality, and disabled sunshafts. I still manage to lag at about 15 FPS during our 25 man raids. My current resolution is only 1600x900 which is another reason why I believed that the performance of this rig would be much higher than it actually is.

Specs:

AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 GHz
8 GB A-DATA DDR3 RAM @ 1333 MHz
AMD Radeon XFX 6850 GDDR5
ASRock N68-VS3 FX
NoName 500w PSU
Acer 20" LED Monitor @ 1600x900

Willing to run a DxDiag if needed. Also have CPU-Z open if anymore information is needed. Thanks guys for reading this over and trying to help out!