Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Audigy Lowers Volume By Itself

Last response: in Components
February 17, 2013 5:43:41 PM

My SB Audigy (purchased ten years ago) began exhibiting some truly weird behavior last night. After coming home yesterday, I noticed that the master volume was muted. I thought that was strange because I didn't remember muting it. When I tried to move the volume slider up, it immediately went back down to 0. It refused to go up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Same result. I checked the keyboard to make sure no keys were being pressed. I used System Restore to go back a few days. Same result.

I finally switched to my onboard audio and the volume control works perfectly fine now. I don't remember installing any new software yesterday besides some game updates. I also opened the case to clean out some dust. Is the driver borked or did the card finally die. The onboard audio seems good enough, so I may just pull the Audigy. Still, any ideas on what caused this strange behavior?

More about : audigy lowers volume

Best solution

February 17, 2013 6:07:00 PM

Sounds like your sound card is starting to fail, could be capacitors are starting to die, I just installed a ASUS Xonar D1 in my system and Wow what a difference in the sound quality, it is paired up with a set of Logitech Z-623s. But if you are happy with the onboard sound just stay with it.
February 24, 2013 1:30:16 AM

Best answer selected by wintermute2_0.
m
l
!