Gtx 460 lagging?

vitiatex

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
hey i just bought a new computer. i havnt installed many games on it yet. one i have installed is need for speed most wanted. it is a 7 year old game and it sometimes lags majorly i dont think it should do that especially with this graphics card that is 5 years newer then the game. i want to get newer gmaes like crysis 2 and skyrim but im afraid they will be unplayable. does anyone know whats wrong? also could avg slow my computer down i have heard that in some cases thats true

the rest of my specs are
intel i5 3570k @ 3.4 quad core
Asrock z77 pro4-m
8gb ram
win 7 pro 64
500w enermax lepa

D

Deleted member 217926

Do you have all the newest drivers from the manufacturers websites?

D

Deleted member 217926

I have never had an issue with any game any my GTX 460 1GB and I have had it 2 years. It's still a pretty good card at 1920 x 1080. I have an original 256bit version and not one of the newer 192bit versions though. The newer cards are crippled by the lower memory bandwidth.

it could be the game does not play well with win 7 since the game was made even before vista comes out. personally still play the game myself. the fps counter were solid at 60fps (v-sync) enabled) but sometimes the game does no feel 'smooth' even at 60fps. i think the laggy feeling you're experiencing is what people call as stuttering. but in my case it could be caused by the mod that i've used to play the game

vitiatex

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
i ve tried all the things you told me but it didnt work. but i think i found the promblem after i opened the game i opened task manager and my cpu usage was 95-99% wtf??