Sign in with
Your question

Having a problem with web connectivity!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 7, 2011 12:39:35 AM

My Toshiba Qosmio laptop recently had the fan and motherboard replaced. Since I have had it back, I am having a lot of problems with my wireless connectivity. I have another laptop in the house that connects perfectly to my router, so I know that the router is not the problem.

I can only connect to the router sometimes, and when I do, it is so slow and kicks me off within 10 minutes or so. This occurs even when I'm sitting right next to the router.

Also, my wifi only picks up my router, whereas the other laptop in the house picks up seven or eight!

Many times it will say connected, with no internet access. I'm not super computer savvy, so any suggestions would help!

a b D Laptop
November 7, 2011 5:17:28 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It's worth checking for a new driver for that device because the chances are, the replacement motherboard may not have included a different wireless chip which doesn't match the existing driver.

If that doesn't help, it will be cheaper to use a USB wireless dongle instead of replacing the chip - £15 would buy you a decent one in the UK, less in the US and they're even less on e-Bay.

!