PowerToys for Windows XP

PowerToys for Windows XP includes the following:
- Alt-Tab Replacement
- CD Slide Show Generator
- ClearType Tuner
- CmdHere
- HTML Slide Show Wizard
- Image Resizer
- Power Calculator
- Taskbar Magnifier
- TweakUI
- Virtual Desktop Manager
- Webcam Timershot

I am using WinXP Pro SP2. Are there any compatibility problems or issues
with installing and using any of these PowerToys? None of them have ever
been installed before. (Webcam Timershot will not be installed since I have
no webcam.)

In the Microsoft Antispyware newsgroups, there is reference to a potential
problem with TweakUI. I wanted to get some input on the various PowerToys
before installing any of them. When I do install them, I plan to make sure
that MSAS, my firewall, and other security programs are turned off.

Is Power Calculator better than Microsoft Calculator Plus? The CalcPlus
program is buggy. It's currency conversion does not let you add currency. I
can't even add the US Dollar, so I'm thinking of uninstalling CalcPlus
before installing Power Calculator.

Let me know. Thanks.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All the PowerToys run just fine.

Performance of, or better than, decisions are up to you.

"SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> PowerToys for Windows XP includes the following:
> - Alt-Tab Replacement
> - CD Slide Show Generator
> - ClearType Tuner
> - CmdHere
> - HTML Slide Show Wizard
> - Image Resizer
> - Power Calculator
> - Taskbar Magnifier
> - TweakUI
> - Virtual Desktop Manager
> - Webcam Timershot
>
> I am using WinXP Pro SP2. Are there any compatibility problems or issues
> with installing and using any of these PowerToys? None of them have ever
> been installed before. (Webcam Timershot will not be installed since I
> have no webcam.)
>
> In the Microsoft Antispyware newsgroups, there is reference to a potential
> problem with TweakUI. I wanted to get some input on the various PowerToys
> before installing any of them. When I do install them, I plan to make sure
> that MSAS, my firewall, and other security programs are turned off.
>
> Is Power Calculator better than Microsoft Calculator Plus? The CalcPlus
> program is buggy. It's currency conversion does not let you add currency.
> I can't even add the US Dollar, so I'm thinking of uninstalling CalcPlus
> before installing Power Calculator.
>
> Let me know. Thanks.

I have some of the PowerToys installed and they run fine, but remember
Microsoft does not provide technical support. Is up to you actually, install
one by one and see how the run. I've had no problems so far.

"SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> PowerToys for Windows XP includes the following:
> - Alt-Tab Replacement
> - CD Slide Show Generator
> - ClearType Tuner
> - CmdHere
> - HTML Slide Show Wizard
> - Image Resizer
> - Power Calculator
> - Taskbar Magnifier
> - TweakUI
> - Virtual Desktop Manager
> - Webcam Timershot
>
> I am using WinXP Pro SP2. Are there any compatibility problems or issues
> with installing and using any of these PowerToys? None of them have ever
> been installed before. (Webcam Timershot will not be installed since I
> have no webcam.)
>
> In the Microsoft Antispyware newsgroups, there is reference to a potential
> problem with TweakUI. I wanted to get some input on the various PowerToys
> before installing any of them. When I do install them, I plan to make sure
> that MSAS, my firewall, and other security programs are turned off.
>
> Is Power Calculator better than Microsoft Calculator Plus? The CalcPlus
> program is buggy. It's currency conversion does not let you add currency.
> I can't even add the US Dollar, so I'm thinking of uninstalling CalcPlus
> before installing Power Calculator.
>
> Let me know. Thanks.

CalcPlus works fine. You just don't understand it. It's a EURO conversion and guess what. The US dollar isn't part of the euro. So the euro central bank doesn't do US dollars (try the Federal Reserve).

A smart person would make it work indirectly. But the date of the the conversion is fixed (by the european central bank).