GTX 670 Performance?

So I just recently purchased a GTX 670 and while faster than my Previous 560, it doesn't seem up to snuff with the reviews regarding it. I can run pretty much every game on ultra with recently good frame rates (Although Assassin's Creed revelations ran rather slow ~35-40 fps avg) but it should be at least 60fps almost constantly, according to reviews. I'm wondering if I have a bottleneck or a driver Issue...

GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW Core Clock 1006 (A lot of programs, including bench-marking like 3dmark (The GPU scored a 9400 not sure how that holds up), seem to think the core is at 705)

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1035T @ 3.2GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition @ 3.7GHz (Not sure which is better)

MB: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

PSU: Xion 1000W

HD: 1TB Western Digital 7200rpm

Any ideas?
11 answers Last reply
More about performance
  1. Ohh and The newest Nvidia driver version 304.xx something like that.
  2. 304.48
  3. Hi there. Well I think it might be the drivers, although I didn't have a good peformance with assasin's creed revelations either (that's why I unisntalled it lol) . Anyway I suggest you to run the beta drivers 304.79 which are the best driver so far 8 I got around 10% improvement over the latest whql) , and try to run unigine haven benchmark I get 109 fps on default settings, yours should be around the same. Regards
  4. I am running the beta drivers atm, I'll try the benchmark see how it goes
  5. I ran it at 1920x1080 and got 107fps, i wonder why it behaves oddly in games then...
  6. I stopped reading at "AMD Phenom". I'm assuming you have a CPU bottleneck.

And yes, the 304.79's are the best drivers in the 300+ series.
  7. Thanks for the intel elitism matto lol
  8. tjb910 said:
    Thanks for the intel elitism matto lol

I was being serious.
  9. I'm sure you were, i could always return the 670 and pick up a new MB and Intel Processor. But i was hoping the cpu wasn't the problem, not 100% sure it is either, i suppose that will be my next upgrade when i can afford it.
  10. I would say stick with it for a while more, and make sure you're not mis-perceiving the performance level. OC your CPU to help rule that out.

The 304.79 drivers will help with that 705 mhz clock speed, when it should be 1006+. That is a well-known issue, and maybe that's been the problem all along.
  11. Thanks, which CPU (I know they're both low end) would you suggest? The six core OCed at 3.2 or the quad core i can over clock to 4.2~4.3?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics