Were can you buy pcie 3.0 slots to solder to a motherboard?

CLMT

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I have a project I want to start and I cant find single motherboard parts anywhere. I need just the pcie slot to solder and a usb 3.0 port to solder as well. I have searched google for days now and cant find a store to buy just parts like that. Thanks.

th3_ory

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Good luck finding one cuz I tried finding one too. Its just not practical to sell a PCI 3 slot since I assume thats a very DIFFICULT task to do to install one on a motherboard by hand

CLMT

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
yea, I have tried every combination of search keywords and cant find a store anywhere that sells any parts like that at all. I feel like there's at least one out there lol.

CLMT

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks, I had a feeling that's what I might have to do. So are the pcie slots the same and it just depends on the CPU whether or not they support 3.0 like the ivy bridge or 2.0 like sandy bridge and amd? That's what I'm hoping for so the mobo will be cheaper lol. Thanks again.

Willpower101

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

It it practical to sell them. Where do you think manufacturers and repair centers get them???

They are not difficult to install either.

OP, try searching for mpcie header.
Mouser sells them, also ebay.

Willpower101

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

Sorry guy's, Brett here has NO idea what he's doing. Any real owner of a laptop repair shop wouldn't give this shitty advice. I guess anyone can pretend to be anything on the internet, right?

So, here is a direct link to a ton of headers you can buy. Removing one from a dead board is NOT the "ONLY" option. Anyone worth their salt not only knows mouser, but has purchased from them before.

http://www.mouser.com/new/molex/Molexminicardconn/

earnjiang

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
That's what I'm hoping for so the mobo will be cheaper lol. Thanks again.
kRf6