yauny32

Honorable
May 19, 2012
y does my gpus 6570 and 6670 some websites tell me theyre crossfire compatible but yet there is no conn for the crossfire bridge if neone could help me it would b greatly appreciated

low end cards do not require a crossfire bridge(mostly pretains to gpu's without a 6 pin connector, so the strongest card that does not require a bridge is the 7750)

so essentially, you should have the option on your computer to crossfire. a bridge is unessessary

yauny32

Honorable
May 19, 2012
would that b located in the amd catalyst cuz it doesnt show crossfire for the 6670 but i dont remember on the 6570 cuz i think its fried it was in another computer till the video took a *** and now i get no video on it

which is what i am saying. the only cards that require a crossfire bridge are solely the cards that have 6 pin requirements. Since you do not have 6 pins on the cards, you do not need a crossfire bridge.

while both cards are inside the computer, check bios to make sure that both cards are detected by checking the PCI-E slots

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Do you actually have both of those cards in your possesion. If so then you should test them both individually in your computer before you even think about trying to crossfire them. Put in the 6670 and make sur everything works and drivers recognize the card. Then do the same with the 6570. If either one does not allow your computer to boot then that card is defective and Crossfire won't work anyway. If you can get them both to work then you may be able to crossfire them. No bridge required.

Wolfshadw

Titan

Unfortunately, according to the Crossfire compatibility chart, only the low end HD5xxx series cards (marked in blue) do not require the Crossfire bridge. All of the HD 6xxx series cards require it:

068d19bb_AMD_CrossfireX_Chart_1618W.jpeg

-Wolf sends

Edit - Thanks for the link. Revro. Now it's actually readable.

yauny32

Honorable
May 19, 2012
yea the graphics chart says if i was to run my 6670 and 6570 i would have to connect with crossfire bridge but neither of them have the bridge conn so they arent the right type of cards? id have to make sure theyre amd and not ati is this correct

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not all HD6670s are Crossfire Compatible. In fact, looking at the selection Newegg has, none out of 25 are Crossfire compatible. If your card does not have the Crossfire connection port at the top of the card, then it is not Crossfire compatible.

crossfire_conn.jpg

-Wolf sends

because it saves the aftermarket heatsink manufacturers money if they opt not to add something in, and offer the product at a lower price. A 6670 is an entry level gpu and I would generally believe most people who end up using the 6670 usually will not crossfire, as the cards price is low enough that one is most better off selling it and upgrading to a higher up card, as the card is sub 100$