UPDATE: Web-Grognards, 17th October 2004

Archived from groups: rec.games.board.uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hi,

Please check out DiceconEast (Edinburgh, Sunday 29th November).
I hope to run a Hammer of the Scots tournament there:

http://www.dicecon.com

The Grognards Challenge: Kim Meints (jackiesavon@336.mchsi.com)
was the first to guess 'Battle for Cassino', S&T#71 (SPI). A
new Challenge awaits.

A list of new links and files on Web-Grognards follows. For this
list follow the 'Whats New' link from the Web-Grognards home page:-

http://grognard.com

or go direct to:-

http://grognard.com/20041017.html

NEW LINKS

Great Battles of the American Civil War series (SPI/GMT) -
another website (last in list)
J-8 Shop (miniatures)
Sun of Austerlitz (OSG) - website
War between the States (SPI/DG) - rules for DG ed. (zipped files)

NEW FILES

Advanced European Theatre of Operations (DG) - updated
Allied/Axis/air/naval/interception/crt/weather/zoc/other charts
(Word files)
Fortress Berlin, ATO#8 (ATO) - Q&A (Word file)
The Great War at Sea vols I/II (Avalanche) - updated errata for The
Mediterranean (vol.1)
Great White Fleet (Avalanche) - scenario
Operation Michael (The Gamers/MMP) - variant
Russo-Japanese Naval War (Avalanche) - updated errata
Soldier Emperor (Avalanche) - variant
Solomon Sea (Simulations Workshop) - another replay
Spanish American War (Avalanche) - updated errata
Spanish Civil War Battles 2, S&T#219 (DG) - Q&A
Suleiman the Magnificent, ATO#9 (ATO) - errata (Word file)
US Navy Plan Black (Avalanche) - updated errata
Whistling Death (Clash of Arms) - errata (PDF file), replay
(Word file)

Agincourt (SPI) - updated article index
Army Group South Quad (SPI/DG) - updated article index
Asia Crossroads, S&T#216 (DG) - updated article index
Golan (SPI) - updated article index
Great Medieval Battles Quad (SPI) - updated article index
The Great War in the East Quad (SPI) - updated article index
Group-Soviet-Forces-Germany, S&T#220 (DG) - updated article index
October War, S&T#61 (SPI) - updated article index
Road to Richmond, S&T#60 (SPI) - updated article index
Siege of Constantinople, S&T#66 (SPI) - updated article index
Sorceror (SPI) - article index
Spanish Civil War Battles 2, S&T#219 (DG) - updated article index
War between the States (SPI) - updated article index
Westwall Quad (SPI) - updated article index

UPDATED LINKS

Barbarian Kings, Ares#3 (SPI/Jolly Roger) - archived website
Battle for North Africa (GMT) - activation cards (ZIP file)
Bonaparte in Italy (OSG) - website
Divtac (free WW2 miniatures rules) - website
La Guerre de L'Empereur (OSG) - website
Highway to the Kremlin (OSG) - website
Hunters in the Shallows (free miniatures rules) - website
Last Days of the Grande Armee (OSG) - website
MasterFront (Columbia Games) - official Aide de Camp module
Napoleon at Bay (OSG/AH/OSG) - website
Throneworld (TimJim/Prism) - archived website
Thunder on South Mountain (Blue Guidon Games) - website
Weltkrieg Series (DG) - archived website

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Alan,

The properties from your post say it also went to newsgroups rec.games.board
and uk.games.board (like you usually do). But I only see it here at
alt.games.wargames. I finally figured out why. You put a period instead of a
comma between those two newsgroups in the TO: line. So Usenet thought they
were one big (unknown) newsgroup.

-
Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

"Michael Ward" <mward258@charter(dot)net> wrote in
> The properties from your post say it also went to newsgroups
> rec.games.board and uk.games.board (like you usually do). But I only see
> it here at alt.games.wargames. I finally figured out why. You put a
> period instead of a comma between those two newsgroups in the TO: line.
> So Usenet thought they were one big (unknown) newsgroup.

Oops, I will repost it. Thanks for the heads up!

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

rec.games.board.uk.games.board is a very selective newsgroup devoted
to playing board games about uk.games.board.

Dav Vandenbroucke
davanden at cox dot net