Sign in with
Your question

Powered USB 3.0 HUB didn't work

Last response: in Components
February 18, 2013 1:51:04 AM

Hi,

Recenly i bought an USB 3.0 powered hub on Amazon. After installing it, the devices i plugged in are not being identified by my computer when connected to the USB hub, but they are being identified when connected directly to the computer. Why is this happening?

My OS is Windows 8 but this might not be the cause since the manufacture states that this usb 3.0 hub should be compatible with Win 8.

I also contacted the manufacture for help in this matter and am waiting replies, but does anyone get idears about solving this problem?

Thanks!

More about : powered usb hub work

February 18, 2013 1:36:12 PM

The only logical conclusion I can come to, based on your information, is that the hub is faulty.
August 28, 2013 10:11:09 PM

I am unable to find a reliable usb3 hub. All I am getting are junk. Thus, it seems that the manufacturers don't know how to build a powered usb3 hub. In my case, they failed quickly or do not work at all. In fact, the ones I got did fail to recognize a usb2 hard drive, a non-powered hard drive even though the hub was a powered one.
Related resources
September 13, 2013 12:11:35 AM

Yes, I am agree with what you said, with so many USB hubs around, it was a struggle to find the right one. But it is really very amazing, I got one with cheap price, and works very nice, really love this usb 3.0 hub. It was a blind-purchase. However, it is deserved, amused with its performance. Also, the materials it's made are very good, I think I have. 360-Degree Round Interface is the perfect design to plug in the device.

This product works without any hassle like it should at present. with no compatibility problems for the moment. Hopefully it will keep on working well. Not much else to say about the usb3.0 hub. but There is still a minor cons for me as the usb cable just around 1m, I think they can lengthen the usb cable.

Happy to recommend to you.
September 13, 2013 9:12:34 PM

Masheyer said:
Yes, I am agree with what you said, with so many USB hubs around, it was a struggle to find the right one. But it is really very amazing, I got one with cheap price, and works very nice, really love this usb 3.0 hub. It was a blind-purchase. However, it is deserved, amused with its performance. Also, the materials it's made are very good, I think I have. 360-Degree Round Interface is the perfect design to plug in the device.

This product works without any hassle like it should at present. with no compatibility problems for the moment. Hopefully it will keep on working well. Not much else to say about the usb3.0 hub. but There is still a minor cons for me as the usb cable just around 1m, I think they can lengthen the usb cable.

Happy to recommend to you.

Too bad that that hub is at the UK amazon web site. Thanks.

!