Closed Solved

My monitor is stuck on a unwanted resoultion

I just built a computer and made sure everything worked and it did. i moved it upstairs into my gaming room and when i booted it up it went from 1920x1080(downstairs) to 1024x768(upstairs). yes i went to control panel and it said that 1024x768 is the max. the control panel also says it's a non-generic monitor when before it said syncmaster(name of monitor(samsung)). the widescreen setting is at 16:9 which it is(23in). I need help before the largeness drives me insane, no matter what i do unplugging the wires and putting back in or even removing discrete gpu and putting that back in it doesn't work. All help is greatly appreciated.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor stuck unwanted resoultion
  1. Right click on the desktop and go to resolution. See if you can change it.

Also maybe re-install your drivers.
  2. that did not work either soultion i have a gtx 670 should i try the beta drivers
  3. What monitor do you have? Also, does the Device Manager read the card?
  4. Best answer
    emperor piehead said:
    that did not work either soultion i have a gtx 670 should i try the beta drivers

I have a stupid question. Are you sure you plugged into the video card and not some onboard video output on your motherboard?
  5. Yes it is connected tothe video card. i was just looking at the nvidia control panel and it said i was using dvi when i'm using hdmi????
  6. Best answer selected by Emperor Piehead.
  7. i was messing around with nvidia control panel and i tried going to 1920x1080p it wouldn't let me went to custimize went back and then it worked FACEPALM!! sorry about wasting your time.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Control Panel Monitors Graphics