Sign in with
Your question

Sdhc as ssd

Last response: in Windows 7
February 15, 2012 10:27:16 AM

The ssd 16GB on my asus eee t91 is extremely slow, on some places (hdtune) less then 1 MB/second.
As it is also too small I bought a 32GB SdHc class-10 20MB/sec read AND write, so that should be quicker.

I disabled the ssd in the bios and tried Windows 7 dvd (external usb drive) to install windows 7 on my new 'ssd' hard drive, but it does not see the sdhc card.

Is there a F6-driver to insert the sdhc-sd-card drivers during installation?

Thanks a lot for thinking with me,

Greetings Guus

More about : sdhc ssd

February 15, 2012 10:36:59 AM

You will need to check your MOBO manufacturer website for (sata, scuzzy, IDE, what ever drivers there are) drivers.

Sometimes the potential of a SSD is not utilized until a firmware upgrade is applied, id look into it.
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 11:02:18 AM

does it support trim? it might be very 'dirty' if not, and they do slow down when they get unclean.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 11:03:02 AM

How is the sdhc card connected. If it is classed as a removable drive (ie thumbdrive) windows, last I knew, did not like installing to a removeable drive as it could then be moved from computer to computer and the licience is tied to a single computer.
February 15, 2012 11:04:38 AM

silverliquicity said:
You will need to check your MOBO manufacturer website for (sata, scuzzy, IDE, what ever drivers there are) drivers.

Sometimes the potential of a SSD is not utilized until a firmware upgrade is applied, id look into it.

=========================================

I know that and I looked allready at the asus t91 download site, that's why I am asking this forum ....

sdhc card drivers are not the standard harddisk drivers. so it not sata, no ide, no scsi...
It can boot from a bootable diagnose - usbstick, but during install W7 does not find any drives to install on...
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 11:11:11 AM

USB sticks are commonly bootable from, SD cards less so, it could be that your mobo does not support booting from an SDHC card.
February 15, 2012 12:03:43 PM

Originally it was loaded with Windows XP Home ULCPC, but I installed allready Windows 7 Ultimate on the ssd, but was not amused about the performance. I now think this was also caused by the weak places on the asus ssd (in fact a pci-e-ssd type: ASUS-JM S41 SSD.
I did not use the trim command, not used by XP, maybe by one of the Asus utils. maybe Asus Super Hybrid Engine Utility, from which I donot understand the function.
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2012 6:09:26 PM

The point I was tring to make.
I have a 64 gig USB3 Thumbdrive. I can install a bootable version of Linix on it, or place a bootable linix based ISO such as used to update fimeware on an SSD. However, windows 7 will NOT recognize it as a suitable media for installation as it is a "removeable" drive. As such I would be able to take that USB thumbdrive to an simular System (using the same Drivers) and run win 7 on that system, which is in violation of the licience - Hence MS solved that by disallowing it.

If your SD card is in the same catagory (Removeable drive), then win 7 will NOT recognize the SD as suitable media.

An SSD (excluding one installed in a USB encolure) is not classed as a removeable drive - even although it could be removed and pluncked into a 2nd system.
!