Sdhc as ssd

The ssd 16GB on my asus eee t91 is extremely slow, on some places (hdtune) less then 1 MB/second.
As it is also too small I bought a 32GB SdHc class-10 20MB/sec read AND write, so that should be quicker.

I disabled the ssd in the bios and tried Windows 7 dvd (external usb drive) to install windows 7 on my new 'ssd' hard drive, but it does not see the sdhc card.

Is there a F6-driver to insert the sdhc-sd-card drivers during installation?

Thanks a lot for thinking with me,

Greetings Guus
7 answers Last reply
More about sdhc
  1. You will need to check your MOBO manufacturer website for (sata, scuzzy, IDE, what ever drivers there are) drivers.

Sometimes the potential of a SSD is not utilized until a firmware upgrade is applied, id look into it.
  2. does it support trim? it might be very 'dirty' if not, and they do slow down when they get unclean.
  3. How is the sdhc card connected. If it is classed as a removable drive (ie thumbdrive) windows, last I knew, did not like installing to a removeable drive as it could then be moved from computer to computer and the licience is tied to a single computer.
  4. silverliquicity said:
    You will need to check your MOBO manufacturer website for (sata, scuzzy, IDE, what ever drivers there are) drivers.

Sometimes the potential of a SSD is not utilized until a firmware upgrade is applied, id look into it.

=========================================

I know that and I looked allready at the asus t91 download site, that's why I am asking this forum ....

sdhc card drivers are not the standard harddisk drivers. so it not sata, no ide, no scsi...
    It can boot from a bootable diagnose - usbstick, but during install W7 does not find any drives to install on...
  5. USB sticks are commonly bootable from, SD cards less so, it could be that your mobo does not support booting from an SDHC card.
  6. Originally it was loaded with Windows XP Home ULCPC, but I installed allready Windows 7 Ultimate on the ssd, but was not amused about the performance. I now think this was also caused by the weak places on the asus ssd (in fact a pci-e-ssd type: ASUS-JM S41 SSD.
    I did not use the trim command, not used by XP, maybe by one of the Asus utils. maybe Asus Super Hybrid Engine Utility, from which I donot understand the function.
  7. The point I was tring to make.
    I have a 64 gig USB3 Thumbdrive. I can install a bootable version of Linix on it, or place a bootable linix based ISO such as used to update fimeware on an SSD. However, windows 7 will NOT recognize it as a suitable media for installation as it is a "removeable" drive. As such I would be able to take that USB thumbdrive to an simular System (using the same Drivers) and run win 7 on that system, which is in violation of the licience - Hence MS solved that by disallowing it.

If your SD card is in the same catagory (Removeable drive), then win 7 will NOT recognize the SD as suitable media.

An SSD (excluding one installed in a USB encolure) is not classed as a removeable drive - even although it could be removed and pluncked into a 2nd system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers SSD SDHC Windows 7