Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does dual-head lower GPU performance?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 14, 2012 2:23:14 AM

I run a Asus GTX 670, I love the performance I'm getting out of it! (Withcher 2 w/ Ubersampling at 40 FPS? YES PLEASE!) But I really want to go back to using my second monitor. Can I do this without severely hampering my GPU's performance?

I was thinking maybe I could connect my monitor to my CPU's built in graphics processor (it's an i5-3570k) that way the load wouldn't be on the GTX 670. Would this work?

Thanks in advance
August 14, 2012 2:41:17 AM

I believe you would have to use your GTX670 to power your second monitor as it should override the integrated graphics card. If I am correct, you might not lose as much fps in your game if you lower the resolution of your second monitor.

Best solution

August 14, 2012 2:44:44 AM

Unless you are going to run the game with both monitors at a higher resolution, you will see no noticeable performance loss. I use a second monitor for msi afterburner and to monitor temps and such and everything works just the same.
Related resources
August 14, 2012 2:48:04 AM

Hi, Are you talking about spanning both monitors while playing Witcher or just expanding you desktop. Witcher is not supported in surround but if you just want to use the extra workspace you should have no performance hit at all.
August 14, 2012 3:23:12 AM

Yeah just wanted to use the other monitor as an improved workspace area! thanks for clearing that up
August 24, 2012 5:44:01 PM

Best answer selected by Ilnez.
a c 168 Î Nvidia
August 24, 2012 6:36:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!