Does dual-head lower GPU performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilnez

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I run a Asus GTX 670, I love the performance I'm getting out of it! (Withcher 2 w/ Ubersampling at 40 FPS? YES PLEASE!) But I really want to go back to using my second monitor. Can I do this without severely hampering my GPU's performance?

I was thinking maybe I could connect my monitor to my CPU's built in graphics processor (it's an i5-3570k) that way the load wouldn't be on the GTX 670. Would this work?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Unless you are going to run the game with both monitors at a higher resolution, you will see no noticeable performance loss. I use a second monitor for msi afterburner and to monitor temps and such and everything works just the same.

mlaw97

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I believe you would have to use your GTX670 to power your second monitor as it should override the integrated graphics card. If I am correct, you might not lose as much fps in your game if you lower the resolution of your second monitor.

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Unless you are going to run the game with both monitors at a higher resolution, you will see no noticeable performance loss. I use a second monitor for msi afterburner and to monitor temps and such and everything works just the same.

Solution

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hi, Are you talking about spanning both monitors while playing Witcher or just expanding you desktop. Witcher is not supported in surround but if you just want to use the extra workspace you should have no performance hit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.