What causes a red light blinking on a computer case and not booting

ssewayajoel

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
last night my PC has been working properly but today morning it has failed to boot what i see is a red light on the case but the key board and mouse are powered

could be that there was a power dip or an over heat in the system or the power supply failed. what the brand and spec of the power supply and your system spec. if it was an over heat check to see if the fan look like there can move. (not dust bound).
you can try and clear the cmos and see if your system resets. if it does check that the ps/gpu/cpu fans are moving.

Minhaj Akbar

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

I have a somewhat similar problem. My PC hanged while playing game had to switch it off as it was not restarting and after i started it. Now power supply's and cpu fans both are moving. Yellow led switches on and dvd rom is reading and it opens too. But there is no display and the red led is not even blinking once. I had removed dust by blower and unplugged and plugged all the wires. Tried to exchange power cable between DVD ROM and hard drive removed 3d card and plugged again. Removed ram rubbed it's teeth with a rubber. But all this comes to nothing. I don't have time to get it a repair. Can you help please?