Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Custom Build

Last response: in Systems
October 5, 2012 12:31:31 PM

Hey guys planning on having a good solid custom build and just wanted some opinions thrown at me if you see something that might cause strain or stress in the future

Im pretty happy with my graphics card choice what im concerned majorly is is there something that will cease my build from working like not having enough watts

CPU - I7 Quad Core 3770K Unlocked
MotherBoard - Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ram/Memory - G.skill RipjawsX F3-1600C9D-16GXM
Hard Drive/SSD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Serial ATA III/OCZ Agility 4 Series SATA III 2.5" SSD 128GB
Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Superclocked
Sound Card - ASUS Xonar DGX
Case - nvidia coolermaster 690 Advanced II
Power Supply -Corsair TX-750M Modular Power Supply
Optical Drive - Samsung SH-224BB/BEBS SATA DVDRW Drive OEM

Any opinions would be much apperciated :) 

More about : custom build

Best solution

October 5, 2012 12:39:56 PM

-you dont need a i7 and 16gb if you are gaming.
-sabertooth is a total gimmick.
-agility 4 sucks
-you can do better than a gtx660
-you dont need a sound card
-there are cheaper power supplies (or better power supplies for the money)

much better option
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jpAg

cheaper rig but performs the same
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jpAM
October 5, 2012 8:05:55 PM

The rig is inteded for gaming but being a musician im also looking to doing my own music recordings using and audio interface
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2012 8:11:14 PM

what would you recommended in a nvidia ranged graphics card? though my build that i posted was pretty expensive im trying not to go way over the top like spending 1k on a video card
m
l
October 5, 2012 8:18:35 PM

EndLesSxParkWay said:
what would you recommended in a nvidia ranged graphics card? though my build that i posted was pretty expensive im trying not to go way over the top like spending 1k on a video card

a 670 is comparable to a 7970 and should cost about the same, possibly a little more depending on if its overclocked and the manufacturer.

Like this evga one, its 359.99 after that instant $20 coupon, plus a $10 rebate = 349.99. Thats a good deal. Some other 670s also offer a free coupon for Borderlands 2, which if you planned on buying that game saves you $60.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Personally I dont trust that rosewill PSU, would rather have a seasonic, corsair or antec PSU. Just make sure its at least 80+ Certified.
m
l
October 5, 2012 8:23:48 PM

yarmock said:
a 670 is comparable to a 7970 and should cost about the same, possibly a little more depending on if its overclocked and the manufacturer.

Personally I dont trust that rosewill PSU, would rather have a seasonic, corsair or antec PSU. Just make sure its at least 80+ Certified.

the capstone units are some of the best quality to price ratio in todays market. Super Flower as an OEM is rapidly becoming as good(some people say they already play on the same level as seasonic as the units seasonic makes today didnt have much of a gap as back then) as Seasonic currently. The only reason why people say antec/corsair/seasonic because 80% of the time when someone picks a psu from those 3 companies, its bound to be seasonic as an OEM

there are several reviews for botht he capstone normal and capstone modular. the units pass very well, especially for the price.

Also if you are shooting rosewill down as a brand, you are indirectly shooting yourself in the foot as well, rosewill also uses sirtec units which makes units for OCZ, including the unit you are using in your signature
m
l
October 5, 2012 8:27:00 PM

dudewitbow said:
the capstone units are some of the best quality to price ratio in todays market. Super Flower as an OEM is rapidly becoming as good(some people say they already play on the same level as seasonic as the units seasonic makes today didnt have much of a gap as back then) as Seasonic currently. The only reason why people say antec/corsair/seasonic because 80% of the time when someone picks a psu from those 3 companies, its bound to be seasonic as an OEM

there are several reviews for botht he capstone normal and capstone modular. the units pass very well, especially for the price.

Thanks for the response. I just was unfamiliar and the name rosewill scares most builders. Do you have any articles for that PSU or series. I always like to read about newer parts and series.

Thank you.
m
l
October 5, 2012 8:30:23 PM

yarmock said:
Thanks for the response. I just was unfamiliar and the name rosewill scares most builders. Do you have any articles for that PSU or series. I always like to read about newer parts and series.

Thank you.

this site just multi links some of the major companies and which oem designed their unit. its a general misconception that all companies design their own psus(they dont). when learning about power supplies, its more about looking at reviews of the specific unit rather than judging on a company as a whole.
m
l
October 5, 2012 8:48:30 PM

id just like to throw out im from australia and looking u some of the parts in aussie stores they are actually alot more expensive like the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro LGA1155 Motherboard is actually around the same price as the sabertooth 0_o
m
l
October 5, 2012 9:39:39 PM

forget about the last comment
Right now my biggest concern is graphics card (video Card)

I want one that can play any game im not looking for the most extreme one like im not super hardcore into it i just want something that delivers nice graphics for every game which is why i chose the 660 i know that in games like bf3 the ti version of the 660 offers like a 3 seconds difference in framerate
m
l
October 12, 2012 12:54:58 AM

Best answer selected by EndLesSxParkWay.
m
l
!