Sign in with
Your question

Weird screeching sound

Last response: in Systems
October 5, 2012 12:44:37 PM

Hi I just built my computer and whenever I try to run a game, the audio output produces a really weird screeching sound. When I'm on the integrated graphics the sound isn't very loud but when my monitor is hooked up to the graphics card, the sound is really loud and covers up music when volume is set to ~5. Could my motherboard be at fault here? (IT PRODUCES THE SOUND EVEN THOUGH MY AUDIO IS TURNED OFF)

More about : weird screeching sound

October 5, 2012 1:26:49 PM

are you using monitor speakers? they suck.

you would have to make the volume zero on the monitor and mute the monitor
m
l
October 5, 2012 1:39:40 PM

yes my monitor has built in speakers but my problem is that even if I plug in headphones to the audio port I still hear the screeching
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2012 1:43:44 PM

HopelessNoob said:
yes my monitor has built in speakers but my problem is that even if I plug in headphones to the audio port I still hear the screeching

You mean you hear it through the headphones, or you hear it from the monitor speakers, even with the headphones on?

m
l
October 5, 2012 1:54:03 PM

I turn the volume off and if the audio port is connected to the monitor's built in speakers I hear the screeching when the game is running. If the volume is on I still hear the same thing. Same thing happens to my headphones. I plug them into the same audio port and hear the same screeching. I also hear it when I plug the headphones into the front audio ports of my case.
m
l
October 5, 2012 2:40:04 PM

I'm assuming the sound is from the power supply.
m
l
October 5, 2012 2:49:10 PM

It's transmitted through the audio ports?
m
l
October 5, 2012 5:36:54 PM

You said you hear screeching when the volume is off. If the volume is off, how could the sound be coming through the speakers?
m
l
October 5, 2012 6:30:19 PM

you have to see it to believe it I'm being dead serious when the volume is off I can hear it on my headphones and on the built in speakers on my monitor
here's video I just took
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTZv36wwkVs&feature=yout...
you have to listen closely cause my windows phone really sucks at recording
m
l
!