Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stronger fans front or bottom

Last response: in Components
February 18, 2013 7:20:39 AM

Hey guys, I currently have 4 cooler master 120 fans. 2 top=exhaust 2 front=intake I just got two more 120mm fans. I got the brand this time. They have an additional 50 cfm! For the moment I'm not gonna buy anymore so should I mount these in front as intakes or bottom intakes? My gpu is running a little warm not too high. My cable management is solid. Which way would be the best to mount the stronger fans? Thanks in advance

Best solution

February 18, 2013 1:33:48 PM

gleny217 said:
Hey guys, I currently have 4 cooler master 120 fans. 2 top=exhaust 2 front=intake I just got two more 120mm fans. I got the brand this time. They have an additional 50 cfm! For the moment I'm not gonna buy anymore so should I mount these in front as intakes or bottom intakes? My gpu is running a little warm not too high. My cable management is solid. Which way would be the best to mount the stronger fans? Thanks in advance

I would, without a doubt, mount them as front intakes.
For no airflow reason or anything (It should be about the same thing) just because they will draw less dust... Simple as that :) 
Personally I don't even have bottom intakes exept the PSU (even though I have filters). I have 2x120mm intake in the front + 2 x120mm on the other side of the HDD cases + 120mm intake (yes, intake xD) in the back + 2x120mm on top blowing over and out the H100. All filter intakes, positive airflow ~5V running cool, quiet and pretty much dust free :D 
February 27, 2013 11:07:10 PM

Best answer selected by gleny217.
m
l
!