nmorrill

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I just got a Lenovo y580 laptop and had a couple of questions about it.
I took out the regular HDD and replaced it with an 128gig SSD, then put the HDD into the optical drive slot (via caddy) and now have the optical drive separate. However, I had to install Windows 7 on the new SSD as my boot drive and since the computer is fairly new, none of the drivers are set. I went to the Lenovo site and downloaded all the drivers that I could there, but when I got to the GTX 660m video card driver, it kept glitching and giving me problems.
I've also checked the Nvidia site to see if they had something up there but no such luck. Does anyone have any ideas if there are any available drivers that I've just overlooked? Or if not, (excuse my lack of knowledge here) is my video card running at full capacity? When I look at the "video adapters" the only thing I get is the Integrated Graphics card 5000 or something along those lines.
Is my computer taking advantage of the graphics card, or do I have to wait for something to be released before it is actually using it properly?

Thanks in advance!