7600 camera shutter sound

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 22, 2004 2:31:18 AM

I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera shutter
sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Easy.
October 22, 2004 4:33:37 AM

"easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera
shutter
> sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Easy.

Are you sure? :wink:

Ok, go to camera|settings|camera sounds|Toggle on/off....

or press, menu 6, 5, 4 to get to the same spot.
Good luck....still looking at your phone book question btw
neil
October 22, 2004 9:16:33 PM

"rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> "easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera
> shutter
> > sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Easy.
> >

> Are you sure? :wink:
>
> Ok, go to camera|settings|camera sounds|Toggle on/off....
>
> or press, menu 6, 5, 4 to get to the same spot.
> Good luck....still looking at your phone book question btw
> neil

Hiya buddy,

I know what you mean with the wink - it should be simple but there doesn't
seem to be an option to turn off the sounds. 6.5.4 takes me to the pic
title options. In 6,5 I have "default mode", "image quality", "video clip
length" and "default title". No camera sound option :o ( It's the shutter
delay that bugs me - it's quicker without the sound.

The firmware version on my phone is... 04.05, 17-06-04.
Might need an update?

Thanks for the help so far. This phone is still working! 3rd day today :o )

Have a great weekend,

Easy.
October 22, 2004 10:20:58 PM

easy wrote:

> "rachel" <rachelisadog@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>"easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera
>>
>>shutter
>>
>>>sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>

>>>Easy.
>>>

>>Are you sure? :wink:
>>
>>Ok, go to camera|settings|camera sounds|Toggle on/off....
>>
>>or press, menu 6, 5, 4 to get to the same spot.
>>Good luck....still looking at your phone book question btw
>>neil
>>

> Hiya buddy,
>
> I know what you mean with the wink - it should be simple but there doesn't
> seem to be an option to turn off the sounds. 6.5.4 takes me to the pic
> title options. In 6,5 I have "default mode", "image quality", "video clip
> length" and "default title". No camera sound option :o ( It's the shutter
> delay that bugs me - it's quicker without the sound.
>
> The firmware version on my phone is... 04.05, 17-06-04.
> Might need an update?
>
> Thanks for the help so far. This phone is still working! 3rd day today :o )
>
> Have a great weekend,
>

> Easy.

As far as I know that feature is gone (ability to turn the sound off) I
also have one on v04.05 and that option is missing, You will also notice
in the phone manual that comes with the newer 7600's that there is no
mention of the camera sounds menu in the camera section, Whereas in the
older 7600 manual it WAS in there.
October 22, 2004 11:48:08 PM

> Hiya buddy,
>
> I know what you mean with the wink - it should be simple but there doesn't
> seem to be an option to turn off the sounds. 6.5.4 takes me to the pic
> title options. In 6,5 I have "default mode", "image quality", "video clip
> length" and "default title". No camera sound option :o ( It's the shutter
> delay that bugs me - it's quicker without the sound.
>
> The firmware version on my phone is... 04.05, 17-06-04.
> Might need an update?
>
> Thanks for the help so far. This phone is still working! 3rd day today
:o )

> Have a great weekend,
>

> Easy.

I see, sorry to be rude with the wink then, and by reading the post from
Lee, it seems it has been removed!
I am running V 03.05, 30-1-04, which could explain the difference.

Clearly not available any more....sorry!
neil
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 12:13:30 PM

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:48:08 +0100, rachel wrote:

> Clearly not available any more....sorry!
> neil

Yup that would appear to be the case. Un-mutable camera sound on 'V4.05
17-06-04' firmware. Switching to 'silent' or 'meeting' profiles does NOT
silence it either.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
October 23, 2004 1:53:54 PM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.23.07.13.28.886000@grfpb.arg...
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:48:08 +0100, rachel wrote:
>

> > Clearly not available any more....sorry!
> > neil
>
> Yup that would appear to be the case. Un-mutable camera sound on 'V4.05
> 17-06-04' firmware. Switching to 'silent' or 'meeting' profiles does NOT
> silence it either.
>

> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

Little buggers! Wonder if it'll be in the next revision. Oh well, thanks
for all your help. Really appreciate it. No offence taken with the wink
either! Lol.

Easy.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:23:23 PM

"easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
>I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera shutter
> sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Easy.

I suspect that it cannot be removed to prevent perverts secretly taking
pictures in changing rooms etc. There has been a fuss in the USA recently
about this, according to the papers.

Anyway, are you going to tell the world why you want to remove the shutter
sound? ;-)

The answer needs to start, "I am not a pervert, but....." :-)

Aardvark
October 27, 2004 10:59:34 PM

"HD" <NoKilling@Peace.com> wrote in message

> "easy" <easylove@obvious.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> >I have RTFM but cannot find where it says how to turn of the camera
shutter
> > sound on my (5th but now working) 7600.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Easy.
> >

> I suspect that it cannot be removed to prevent perverts secretly taking
> pictures in changing rooms etc. There has been a fuss in the USA recently
> about this, according to the papers.
>
> Anyway, are you going to tell the world why you want to remove the shutter
> sound? ;-)
>
> The answer needs to start, "I am not a pervert, but....." :-)
>
> Aardvark

Aardvark,

Well the technical issue was mentioned in my first post on this matter
although after seeing what the new secretary at the local solicitors office
wears the reason seems to have some what changed.

"I am not a pervert but..." I think the blanks can easily be filled in.

Best wishes,

Adam.
!