Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is my to be computer ok ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 5, 2012 5:36:39 PM

Hi to all I am building a new computer and it is my first one as well, I wanted to know if my actual configuration would be good, am a quite a gamer by the way.
If you know I could improve this build with better hardware tell me.Thank you for your help .


Computer case : Chaser MK-I USB3.0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

monitor : ASUS 60,0cm (23,6") VH242H D-Sub+DVI+HDMI black FullHD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU : 700 Watt ModXStream Pro 80PLUS Certified,Modular

Cd drive : Blu-Ray Rewriter 10x, Sata Black
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HDD : Caviar 1000GB AV-GP 3.5 inchs Sata3 iPower 16MB Cache
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM : 2 * DDR3 4GB PC 1333 CL9 GeIL DRAGON RAM retail

CPU : s1155 4 Core - Core i5 3550 3.30 Ghz 6MB Cache

mouse : B110 Optical USB Wheel

Keyboard : Classic K120 Wired BE

Video Card : Evga gtx 570 sc
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : computer

October 5, 2012 7:15:27 PM

looks decent to me. you need a motherboard. B75 or H77 will work best with that CPU
October 5, 2012 7:23:35 PM

We should ask if OP wants to overclock first or not. Even non-K edition i5s and i7s can overclock by 20-30% if they're on a Z or P series LGA 1155 socket board, so we shouldn't knock off overclocking completely with a B or H series board unless OP states that it is okay to not support significant overclocking.
Related resources
October 5, 2012 7:46:58 PM

IMO... get a 660TI instead of the 570, it's faster, and comes with all the 6xx benefits.
October 5, 2012 8:15:03 PM

luciferano said:
We should ask if OP wants to overclock first or not. Even non-K edition i5s and i7s can overclock by 20-30% if they're on a Z or P series LGA 1155 socket board, so we shouldn't knock off overclocking completely with a B or H series board unless OP states that it is okay to not support significant overclocking.



B75 and H77 can do the limited turbo-overclock on non-K chips just fine. Only the H61 boards won't do even that.
October 5, 2012 11:38:30 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
B75 and H77 can do the limited turbo-overclock on non-K chips just fine. Only the H61 boards won't do even that.


Huh. Learn something new every day, thanks :) 
October 6, 2012 3:39:36 PM

The motherboard that you wanted seems to not be sold anymore. Either that or your link is broken.

Also, don't waste your money on a GTX 660 Ti. The much cheaper and more power efficient GTX 660 performs right along with the 660 Ti, making the 660 Ti overpriced junk in the face of AMD's similarly priced and superior 7950 as well as compared to Nvidia's cheaper and more expensive 660 and 670.
October 6, 2012 5:46:57 PM

luciferano said:
The motherboard that you wanted seems to not be sold anymore. Either that or your link is broken.

Also, don't waste your money on a GTX 660 Ti. The much cheaper and more power efficient GTX 660 performs right along with the 660 Ti, making the 660 Ti overpriced junk in the face of AMD's similarly priced and superior 7950 as well as compared to Nvidia's cheaper and more expensive 660 and 670.


The 660 is indeed cheaper and the performance is quite close to the 660 ti so I will be getting that, the motherboard I'm looking forward : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

One of the reasons why I favor this one is because of the on board wifi, which I need.
October 6, 2012 6:10:15 PM

ibranba said:
The 660 is indeed cheaper and the performance is quite close to the 660 ti so I will be getting that, the motherboard I'm looking forward : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

One of the reasons why I favor this one is because of the on board wifi, which I need.


WiFi shouldn't be a good reason. On-board WiFi isn't as good as a decent PCIe WiFi adapter and is usually only used as a feature to overprice the motherboard. I'm not saying that if you have other reasons for getting the board you shouldn't get the board, but on-board WiFi isn't very convincing like how on-board graphics isn't very convincing for a gaming computer.
!