Status
Not open for further replies.

csillver

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hi folks, I am looking to replace a belkin wireless g 2.4 ghz 802.11 4 port router. We now have way more devices that need management, between 8-10 items, rarely all at the same time.

Any listings on best bets?

Thanks

stuart_f

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
You don't say if you are having issues with the router or not. If there's nothing wrong with it just get a cheap 8 port switch and carry on using the same router.

csillver

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009

basically I'm having connectivity issues. I have one computer that stays connected no problem, if its off and I boot it up it connects right away. Second computer also stays connected. I have problems with the wii and sometimes our phones don't find the connection either. I have two lap tops that often won't connect unless I reset the router, then they find it just fine, as does the rest of the troublesome devices. I've checked and rechecked the connection with verizon to no avail, and its just started happening over the past month or so. I am thinking its just a tired router?

Rarely are all devices connected at once. Wii, phone and laptop might be going at once with one of the desktops, but otherwise its only one or two at a time and I still have issues connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.