Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560 Bottlenecked?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 14, 2012 4:16:00 PM

So I ordered a Asus Directcu II OC GTX 560 graphic card and I noticed that I shouldn't be getting such low frame rates in games such as Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Prototype 2. I've been staying stuck from 15-35 FPS.

My specs are:

Intel R Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
Asus Directcu II OC GTX 560
4GB ram
650 watts PSU (No name)
500gb hard drive
resolution : 1366 x 768 refresh rate: 60 hertz

My friend said that my CPU shouldn't bottleneck the GPU that bad. I've been getting over 50 FPS on other games such as World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2 and more. Please help! :o 

I have tried already to reinstall/update the driver over and over, but it doesn't help.

EDIT: EVEN IF I LOWER THE SETTINGS, THE FPS STILL REMAINS THE SAME!

More about : gtx 560 bottlenecked

August 14, 2012 4:24:07 PM

I can only state the obvious, turn down some settings

You could gain additional frames by overclocking the cpu
August 14, 2012 4:27:39 PM

Well here's the thing, even if I do turn down the settings, the FPS stays the same.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 14, 2012 8:30:34 PM

Adjust video settings to lowest possible within the games affected. Check forums of certain games, looking for patches, fixes, other users experience, etc.
You could also launch a resource monitor before launching any games. Then maybe identify what components are maxed.
Run any benchmarks? Furmark or 3Dmark
August 14, 2012 8:40:23 PM

Kanyun said:
So I ordered a Asus Directcu II OC GTX 560 graphic card and I noticed that I shouldn't be getting such low frame rates in games such as Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Prototype 2. I've been staying stuck from 15-35 FPS.

My specs are:

Intel R Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
Asus Directcu II OC GTX 560
4GB ram
650 watts PSU (No name)
500gb hard drive
resolution : 1366 x 768 refresh rate: 60 hertz

My friend said that my CPU shouldn't bottleneck the GPU that bad. I've been getting over 50 FPS on other games such as World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2 and more. Please help! :o 

I have tried already to reinstall/update the driver over and over, but it doesn't help.

Try overclocking the CPU to 3.2-3.6 Ghz and you will see an improvement in the fps.
August 16, 2012 1:27:01 AM

My friend says that my CPU can't be OC'd because most computers bought from stores are OC locked.
August 18, 2012 10:54:33 AM

That is just not true. When the computer boots, try entering the bios and check out the options regarding CPU frequency. Usually even the worst boards allow you to adjust the FSB, and sometimes even the multiplier. The clock of the CPU is determined by multiplying the FSB (usually 100-133mhz stock) with the multiplier. Raising either will result in overclock. Be careful not to overdo it, raise the frequency in small increments. Be aware that FSB overclocking will stress all components while multiplier overclocking stresses only the CPU.
Anonymous
August 18, 2012 9:15:42 PM

Watch those temps closely if you decide to overclock. Prime95 comes to mind, this will allow you to monitor temps and stability. A better CPU cooler is in your future if your still runnning stock heatsink.
ever determine CPU load in-game?
!