Dell Inspiron 530 PSU upgrade?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 18, 2013 5:23:49 PM

Hey guys,

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 530 with a pentium processor @ 1.8 GHz, with 4 gigs of ram and it's all running Windows Vista. I've often thought about upgrading to a graphics card since intergrated graphics really suck (I can't even watch a youtube video in 1080p without closing everything else out) but I've been told that I can't upgrade the power supply in my system (300W) because it's a proprietary PSU.

Thoughts or tips?

Thanks

More about : dell inspiron 530 psu upgrade

a c 1217 ) Power supply
February 18, 2013 7:01:48 PM

It's not proprietary. Others have upgraded their Dell Inspiron 530 power supply with no problem:

Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 19, 2013 1:54:51 PM

I second it, just make sure that new PSU has 24 or 20+4 main power connector and ancillary 4 pin power conector and at least 4 SATA power connectors plus other connectors. If it is only videos you worry about you can stick 7750 video card - it doesn't require PSU upgrade.
a b ) Power supply
February 26, 2013 12:36:24 AM

Personally I would stay away from CM PSU, they are not reliable. Seasonic, XFX, Enermax, Corsair are the best (and more expensive) ones, Antec and Thermaltake are OK.
Score
February 26, 2013 12:41:52 AM

Kisianik said:
Personally I would stay away from CM PSU, they are not reliable. Seasonic, XFX, Enermax, Corsair are the best (and more expensive) ones, Antec and Thermaltake are OK.

Thank you for that! I knew that Corsair was pretty good and I figured CM was good too.
Score
March 5, 2013 2:18:38 AM

Best answer selected by thecrazyman.
Score
!