Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Suggestions? on CPU/other Parts.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 18, 2013 6:06:16 PM

First of all, this is mostly a general computer question. I don't really know where to put it in sub-category. so sorry if i placed it in the wrong category.

I just got bunch of new parts that include: Radeon 7970 GPU/1000w 80plus Power Supply/COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (Full Tower)/ Intel 520Series 120GB SSD.

In like a month or two i will be trying to get a New CPU / MotherBoard/ RAM/ Maybe upgrade to a fully water cooling system/ and maybe a better HDD (Right now i have a 500GB)

I was looking into the Intel i7 3770K. Maybe the 3930K.
I have no idea what to look for in motherboards.
and will probably want 16-32Gb or RAM.

What i would like to know, What parts would you guys recommend? Second, do you guys think it will be necessary for me to get a fully water cooling system? Thirdly if i decide to get 2TB of HDD, should i just get 1 singular HDD or 2x 1TB HDDs? and lastly, you think it is necessary/good to get a sound card? right now i have a SteelSeries Siberiav2 headset that has a USB Soundcard, so i don't know.

NOTE:
This computer will be using for mostly gaming(heavy gaming)/small part of 3D modeling/ architectural drawing.
I will have about a $2000 Budget.
and Also, i have no idea how to overclock. i just know that overclock is used to make your CPU faster but heard it lowers the CPU lifespan. So idk if i will be overclocking.

Thanks a lot.

More about : suggestions cpu parts

Best solution

a c 188 à CPUs
February 18, 2013 7:51:37 PM

Since you are looking at this as a gaming system with some 3D modeling I would advise that you start with the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K or at the most the Intel Core i7-3770K. Matched up with a board like the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 or the Asus P8Z77-V. You can use a closed loop water cooler like the Corsair H100i but you can also use a cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 and get about the same performance from it.

As far as overclocking here is a good guide on these forums http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k...
February 19, 2013 2:35:00 PM

Best answer selected by aarontaichew.
m
l
!