Computer won't display video.

I bought a new motherboard because my last one (MSI 760GM-P23) wouldn't show any video. I just received this one from a friend that worked 30 minutes earlier and this one does not show video either. I tried breadboarding it an no success. I did however get it to beep when I removed my memory. It was one continuous beep and I Googled it and it was memory (Just to be sure). I reseated my memory and cpu. I tried a compatible cpu (AMD Athlon II X2 260) and that did not work either. Put a known working gfx card in. Nothing. Pulled the power supply from my current pc and tried using that one. Still no video. I also tried clearing the cmos and reseating the jumper. yet again, no video. I went through the Tom's Hardware checklist and after making sure every little thing was right. No video. >.< I have no clue what else to do.
15 answers Last reply
More about computer display video
  1. did you put all the driver for the motherboard even when you had the msi one
  2. No, at the time I didn't have a spare cd drive but now that I have one it won't function properly. So I'm pretty sure its the mobo that went bad somehow >.<
  3. you could load them on the board maker with name and model of board for your os the copy them on a usb stick to transfer to the system you need them
  4. Would I be able to do this is I cant get to bios?
  5. did you connect all the power cable on the motherboard the 24 pins and the 4 or 8 pins one also the cpu fan one of them could be not well seated also your memory is compatibility list for that board
  6. I got it. For some reason my motherboard won't accept slim versions of memory. I had a big stick of ddr3 1333 laying around and I popped that in and it loaded to bios :D thanks for your help
  7. what is the name and model of that slim memory
  8. Kingston KVR1066D3N7/4G
  9. Oh ok, well I'm returning it to newegg. I'll be sure to buy the correct one this time :) Thanks.
  10. the one you got now is working at witch speed adding this these are made to fit your board http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Default.aspx?DeviceType=7&Mfr=MSI&Line=Motherboard&Model=73957 also check your board support dual channel
  11. I actually don't have the MSI mobo anymore. I now have a Biostar A780L3g. I returned the MSI because it was doa.
  12. So can i only have a max of 4gb in my pc?
  13. check if you got ver 6.0 that support up to 8 gig but you could check with them if you dont that version of the board
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Video Memory Systems