Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I want to game better but have crappy graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 14, 2012 8:24:30 PM

hi i play an mmo swtor and i wanted to get a graphics card that was better then the one i have, which on a good day only lets me get from .2 to 9 frames per second. And i hate it, it just sucks i cant get the gaming experience that i want to. and i do not have the money to get a new computer, and i was told that i couldnt upgrade since the graphics card is nailed to the motherboard, but they said i could have someone take it apart and install a graphics card. Is there a company i could find to do it for cheap? Or is it possible at all i can upgrade my pc without emptying my wallet, or could i run a program that makes my computer super fast or anything? just anything FREE or super cheap that i could do to make my computer handle this game better

More about : game crappy graphics

a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:31:21 PM

what are the specs of the computer youre trying to upgrade? (cpu, power supply, ram, model number, etc)
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 8:36:55 PM

HP 2000 notebook pc is a laptop AMD e-300 APU with radeon HD graphics 1.3 GHz 4Gb ram and 64-bit operating system
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:40:47 PM

you really cant do much for laptop graphics unfortunately. it just wont play any better. the best advice i can offer is just turn the graphics settings as low as possible and hope it helps some. maybe someone else knows some other solution to this problem that im unfamiliar with
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:40:52 PM

Duhman00 said:
hi i play an mmo swtor and i wanted to get a graphics card that was better then the one i have, which on a good day only lets me get from .2 to 9 frames per second. And i hate it, it just sucks i cant get the gaming experience that i want to. and i do not have the money to get a new computer, and i was told that i couldnt upgrade since the graphics card is nailed to the motherboard, but they said i could have someone take it apart and install a graphics card. Is there a company i could find to do it for cheap? Or is it possible at all i can upgrade my pc without emptying my wallet, or could i run a program that makes my computer super fast or anything? just anything FREE or super cheap that i could do to make my computer handle this game better




If you want to play games, get a gaming laptop or gaming pc.
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 8:44:04 PM

so what if i game on my regular computer(not a laptop) it has crap graphics but a dual core prccesor 1.0 Ghz 1GB ram just need to de frag it and i can upgrade the card just the ram isnt good enough and its slow from '05 i think
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:49:51 PM

Duhman00 said:
so what if i game on my regular computer(not a laptop) it has crap graphics but a dual core prccesor 1.0 Ghz 1GB ram just need to de frag it and i can upgrade the card just the ram isnt good enough and its slow from '05 i think


Well im sure games will run on their lowest settings but it won't be too enjoyable.

Just save up some $ and upgrade!
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 8:53:32 PM

maxh22 said:
You can buy a mobile gpu like the gtx 670m or something like that but they are expensive and the performance is okay.

If you want to play games, get a gaming laptop or gaming pc.


You can not upgrade the laptop. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ADVICE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:58:27 PM

Inferno1217 said:
You can not upgrade the laptop. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ADVICE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!


Ye I realized it after he said it the laptop was from 05 :o 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 8:58:49 PM

Inferno1217 said:
You can not upgrade the laptop. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ADVICE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!


Wrong(ish). You can't upgrade that laptop but some laptops have MXM modules which are upgradeable. Bottom line, a gaming PC is for games. Its the most flexible and most upgradeable.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2012 9:00:26 PM

Smeg45 said:
Wrong(ish). You can't upgrade that laptop but some laptops have MXM modules which are upgradeable. Bottom line, a gaming PC is for games. Its the most flexible and most upgradeable.


+1
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 9:03:25 PM

Smeg45 said:
Wrong(ish). You can't upgrade that laptop but some laptops have MXM modules which are upgradeable. Bottom line, a gaming PC is for games. Its the most flexible and most upgradeable.


I didn't say you can't upgrade a laptop. I said you can't upgrade THE laptop meaning this one. There only a handful that can be upgraded. Not all MXM modules are up-gradable either. The vBIOS is specifically written to each model laptop. There are some big mods out for some laptops like the G73JH
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 9:11:04 PM

my computer is from '05 not my laptop my laptop is from '10
m
0
l
!