Sign in with
Your question

My power supply won't turn my system on.

Last response: in Systems
October 6, 2012 1:28:00 AM

The power switch doesn't work.

The lights on the mobo are on when I flip the switch on the power supply, but pressing the power switch on the case does nothing. I made sure everything inside the case is connected, even all of the case plug-ins. I tried a different power supply on this system and it worked fine.

Is there something wrong with the power supply itself? I would assume not because the lights in the mobo turn on, but then again, tested with a different power supply I can get my system running. Anyone know exactly what the problem is?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
October 6, 2012 3:06:56 AM

check all the power cable on the board does this one use a 4 or 8 pins connector and the 24 pins atx also ,look at the front panel connector from case to board if they are in the good one and not mix up
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
October 6, 2012 3:50:30 AM

check that the new power supply your not trying to power the 4/8 pin connector with the 6 plus 2 pci video plug. most power supply have two 4 pin plugs that make up an 8 pin connector. also check on the back of the power supply to see that if there a red voltage switch on the power supply. sometime the switch not set right from shipping. if your in the us make sure it set to 110v.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
October 6, 2012 9:21:55 AM

Well, what are your system specifications?
m
l
!