Computer build

N3wbu1lder

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Will this computer build work together? Also, Will I have all the cables I need? Any opinions on a change of parts for cheaper price, same price, or you think it is better with about the same ability or capability will be appreciated.

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack - Microsoft Software; DVD-ROM

Corsair CX Series CX500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply
(Opinions on this psu, please)

Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior (RC-430-KWN1) - Coolermaster

AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ - AMD

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Gigabyte (Opinions on this mobo, please)

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6770 Graphics Card (HD677XZNFC) - XFX

Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black) - Asus

p.s. All these things i chose to buy from Amazon

Solution
Everything is compatible with each other, but depending on what you're doing, the 6770 may not be the best choice of video card for you. Are you planning to game? What games at what resolution?

As far as my opinion of your PSU choice, the Corsair CX v2 series are very competent power supplies at very reasonable prices.

As far as cables, the motherboard ships with 4 SATA cables, at least it should.

noreaster

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Looks good to me, cables are one thing that are sometimes hard to determine if you have enough of, if in doubt it doesn't hurt to buy a few extra but you should have enough to get it running, just without 8 drives :lol:

Everything is compatible with each other, but depending on what you're doing, the 6770 may not be the best choice of video card for you. Are you planning to game? What games at what resolution?

As far as my opinion of your PSU choice, the Corsair CX v2 series are very competent power supplies at very reasonable prices.

As far as cables, the motherboard ships with 4 SATA cables, at least it should.

Solution

Reference cooler means that is not going to be adequate if you had desire to overclock your video card. Reference cooler is another word for stock cooler.

N3wbu1lder

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

For now I just plan on gaming with non-heavy graphics games like minecraft or some mmos or other games at 720p. I plan on upgrading everything after a while, but for now I don't need it.