Seeking advice on Cooler Master Elite 430

Murderotica926

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I'm considering buying the CM Elite 430 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227). There may not be many people here who have (or have had) this case, but if you have, I got a few questions about the case:

1. I'm concerned about the top fans. In whatever case I buy, I want to be SURE that I will be able to have 2 exhaust fans on the top of the case. I've heard people complain about there not being enough clearance in this case to fit one or both of the top fins in above their motherboard, CPU cooler, RAM, etc. I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo, if that helps at all. I just want to know if I'm going to be able to have both fans on top without any problems with this particular motherboard, RAM with moderately tall heatsinks (G. Skill Ripjawz) and a Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler.

2. Speaking of the CPU cooler, my CM Hyper 212 Evo is too long for my current case (I have to run with the side panel open for the time being). Does anyone have any idea if the Hyper 212 Evo has any problems fitting inside the Elite 430?

3. How much space is there between the backside of the motherboard and the adjacent side panel? Enough to stuff excess cable?

Thanks!

Murderotica926

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the info! So what do you mean by the first answer? are the vents on the top made for water cooling only? Can they still have regular 120mm air fans? I don't know much about water cooling systems, I don't know if the fans are thicker or thinner or whatever