Closed

Explorer Bar in Windows Explorer

September 19, 2005 2:04:04 PM

My computer did an Automatic Microsoft XP Upgrade the other day and since
then when I open Windows Explorer I do not get the folder list in the left
pane. I Select Folders from the View - Explorer Bar menu selection and the
folder list appears. I then select Tools - Folder Options and press the Apply
to all folders Button. Remember each folder's view settings is also checked.
When I reopen Windows Explorer later on I do not get the folders list as it
did before the upgrade.

Thanks
Shayne
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:30:47 PM

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

(the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Shayne" wrote:
| My computer did an Automatic Microsoft XP Upgrade the other day and since
| then when I open Windows Explorer I do not get the folder list in the left
| pane. I Select Folders from the View - Explorer Bar menu selection and the
| folder list appears. I then select Tools - Folder Options and press the
Apply
| to all folders Button. Remember each folder's view settings is also
checked.
| When I reopen Windows Explorer later on I do not get the folders list as
it
| did before the upgrade.
|
| Thanks
| Shayne
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:30:48 PM

Thanks you.......It works.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;
>
> %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\
>
> (the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Shayne" wrote:
> | My computer did an Automatic Microsoft XP Upgrade the other day and since
> | then when I open Windows Explorer I do not get the folder list in the left
> | pane. I Select Folders from the View - Explorer Bar menu selection and the
> | folder list appears. I then select Tools - Folder Options and press the
> Apply
> | to all folders Button. Remember each folder's view settings is also
> checked.
> | When I reopen Windows Explorer later on I do not get the folders list as
> it
> | did before the upgrade.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Shayne

September 19, 2005 3:56:24 PM

You're welcome.

--

"Shayne" wrote:
| Thanks you.......It works.
April 23, 2006 8:55:57 AM

Hi,

Same thing happened to me but with My Computer,

When I open My Computer I do not get the folder list in the left
pane. I Select Folders from the View - Explorer Bar menu selection and the folder list appears. I then select Tools - Folder Options and press the Apply to all folders Button. Remember each folder's view settings is also checked. When I reopen My Computer later on I do not get the folders list as it did before the upgrade.

In your answer I found that I need to edit shortcut's "Target"
but I can't edit shortcut's target on the My Computer

Can You help Me.
February 26, 2009 4:45:30 AM

how to remove ''explorer bar" from 'windows explorer" ???
February 26, 2009 10:14:18 AM

you do it from Views->Explorer bar
March 9, 2010 4:39:28 PM

Its annoying but once you get the fix its no problem at all.
You need to change the default to EXPLORE folders instead of OPEN them.

To change, from windows explorer, click on Tools, Folder Options, and then the File Types tab. Find (NONE) Folder in the list and highlight it. Click the Advanced button. Select Explore. It should be bold now. Apply to all folders.

The modified shortcuts like the solution about just don't work on my XP home sp3, I don't know why. But this solution is better I think.
Anonymous
March 10, 2010 10:15:50 AM

Necropost.
!