Diasable integrated garphics card

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
i bought a sapphire radeon hd 7750 1gb ddr5. my computer contains an integrated graphics card of intel gma x3100, 256 mb. should i disable the integrated graphics card in the bios before installing the 7750 graphics card?

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

i cannot install a graphics card by myself so i have to wait for a computer expert who will come to my hom and install the 7750 graphics card.

Well, u can remove it and its easy : )

Use Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems. You can use it if you want to update/remove drivers from your system.

How to use ?

There are two methods to use Driver Sweeper.
Both methods achieve the same results. This method is always able to clean all files.

This method will delete remaining files upon reboot (if deleting failed). You can clean your drivers this way:

Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.
What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).

Get it here @ http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Sweeper/3000-2094_4-75219868.html

driversweeper-250.jpg

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

yes, but i have intel gma x3100(256 mb)integrated graphics card. i can also go to device manager and unistall the display driver.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
That or use Driver Cleaner pro. You go in control panel ---> Uninstall Programs---> Remove all the Nvidia/ATI graphics related drivers there. You may need to reboot, hit f8 and go into safe mode to remove the rest.

While you are in safe mode you can start driver cleaner pro and basically it has the same setup you see in the pic above. Select what drivers to clean and press Clean.

You then reboot normally and your card should be detected, and standard display drivers will be installed. Go to ATI website get the latest driver for that card and install them. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Edit: If your system has integrated grpahics drivers since you have been using that, you just need to uninstall them from Control Panel Uninstall programs section. If you do it from the device manager that works too but if you don't have the new card in and connected it will just re-install the integrated standard driver.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

so you told that it supports nvidia or ati drivers,etc, but i have intel graphics card driver.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Once you install the 7750 your Bios will automatically pick up your new card if you plugged your monitor in once you boot up. After that you go into windows and uninstall any driver that says Integrated Graphics.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

LOL :(, how may times i have to tell that i have an integrated intel gma x3100 (256 mb) graphics card, and it is recommended to disable or unistall any integrated graphics card drivers before intalling radeon 7750 1gb ddr5.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

yes but latest pc's BIOS support autimatically picking up a new card. but mine is a bit old.(about december 2009 i bought a compaq branded set).here's my cpu,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01777936&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3942826&prodTypeId=12454

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

i don't want to unistall any programms, i just want to disable my integrated graphics card. but if i don't remove any unwanted programmes then will it cause any harm to the graphics card?