Sign in with
Your question

CPU Temp

Last response: in CPUs
February 19, 2013 12:44:32 AM

I used a program to check my computer's temp and realised my CPU's temperature was 90 degrees celcius, but the laptop was not hot. It was a little warm to the bottom of it. I would like to know if that is how the computer opearates normally, or otherwise.

Specs:
AMD A10-4600M
Radeon 7660G HD Graphics
6GB DDR3 RAM
750GB
Windows 8

More about : cpu temp

February 19, 2013 12:46:04 AM

The laptop is a HP ENVY M6-1105DX
a c 105 à CPUs
February 19, 2013 1:32:00 AM

thats really hot. id think u need a laptop cooling pad what size is ur laptop?

Related resources
February 19, 2013 1:37:04 AM

Those HP Envy's are known for overheating. What type of use is getting the temperature that hot? and what software did you use to measure?

CoreTemp is a very good one to use and it's the lightest .
a c 105 à CPUs
February 19, 2013 1:43:45 AM

laptops in general overheat.

not hard to grasp this concept. confined space, junky coolers. heat cant escape.

February 19, 2013 6:04:22 AM

iceclock said:
thats really hot. id think u need a laptop cooling pad what size is ur laptop?

15.6''
February 19, 2013 6:08:19 AM

ismaeljrp said:
Those HP Envy's are known for overheating. What type of use is getting the temperature that hot? and what software did you use to measure?

CoreTemp is a very good one to use and it's the lightest .

Well, its around 90 degrees celcius when on idle and when running a program(s) around 95 degrees celcius.
February 19, 2013 6:31:05 AM

I've found a lot of programs don't read the APUs temps properly. It's not a problem with your CPU, rather the software. If it's only warm to the touch, it's not that hot. A CPU that hot would make it hard to keep the laptop on your lap because of the heat.
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2013 6:40:55 AM

smokeybravo said:
I've found a lot of programs don't read the APUs temps properly. It's not a problem with your CPU, rather the software. If it's only warm to the touch, it's not that hot. A CPU that hot would make it hard to keep the laptop on your lap because of the heat.

+1 to that.

I would try different programs to see if you can get a more accurate temp reading, make sure to use the most up to date versions of the programs.
February 19, 2013 6:48:53 PM

Ok. One more question, i left the laptop on overnight two times. One when i was trying to upload a video to youtube (it got cancelled for some reason though) and the other time i left it on to update overnight to update. Since the laptop would have been running for some time would this cause the laptop to automatically to stay at a certain temperature all of the time. Like it causes itself to run at the same temperature.
February 19, 2013 6:52:05 PM

Ok, i downloaded Core Temp and it told me my CPU's temperature is at 43 degrees celcius. I'm relieved, thanks for the advice guys! :D 
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2013 6:54:25 PM

iceclock said:
laptops in general overheat.

not hard to grasp this concept. confined space, junky coolers. heat cant escape.

+1
February 19, 2013 7:16:00 PM

should still check to to see the load temperatures during video rendering/editing or gaming. My 5+ year old toshiba laptop used to idle at 50-60C, and under high load would go above 90C easy. I ended up taking it apart, cleaning the huge dust clot, cleaned the heatsink, fan, and CPU, applied new thermal paste and it now runs at 30-40c idle and not above 60C under load. it was just annoying taking it apart hah.
a c 105 à CPUs
February 19, 2013 9:55:27 PM

cheers.

August 3, 2013 1:51:08 AM

deboss1997 said:
I used a program to check my computer's temp and realised my CPU's temperature was 90 degrees celcius, but the laptop was not hot. It was a little warm to the bottom of it. I would like to know if that is how the computer opearates normally, or otherwise.

Specs:
AMD A10-4600M
Radeon 7660G HD Graphics
6GB DDR3 RAM
750GB
Windows 8

There are 2 types of temp sensors a diode and a transistor the program your using probably shows the wrong one have a Toshiba with the a10 4600 and it shows the same thing even though some of the othe temps are fine, I think it shows false readings.
a c 88 à CPUs
August 3, 2013 2:57:17 AM

Sensor bug is all. Use multiple third party software to see what your processor temperature is.

HWMonitor
SpeedFan
Core Temp
Real Temp
!