CPU Temp

I used a program to check my computer's temp and realised my CPU's temperature was 90 degrees celcius, but the laptop was not hot. It was a little warm to the bottom of it. I would like to know if that is how the computer opearates normally, or otherwise.

Specs:
AMD A10-4600M
Radeon 7660G HD Graphics
6GB DDR3 RAM
750GB
Windows 8
15 answers Last reply
More about temp
  1. The laptop is a HP ENVY M6-1105DX
  2. thats really hot. id think u need a laptop cooling pad what size is ur laptop?
  3. Those HP Envy's are known for overheating. What type of use is getting the temperature that hot? and what software did you use to measure?

CoreTemp is a very good one to use and it's the lightest .
  4. laptops in general overheat.

not hard to grasp this concept. confined space, junky coolers. heat cant escape.
  5. iceclock said:
    thats really hot. id think u need a laptop cooling pad what size is ur laptop?

15.6''
  6. ismaeljrp said:
    Those HP Envy's are known for overheating. What type of use is getting the temperature that hot? and what software did you use to measure?

CoreTemp is a very good one to use and it's the lightest .

Well, its around 90 degrees celcius when on idle and when running a program(s) around 95 degrees celcius.
  7. I've found a lot of programs don't read the APUs temps properly. It's not a problem with your CPU, rather the software. If it's only warm to the touch, it's not that hot. A CPU that hot would make it hard to keep the laptop on your lap because of the heat.
  8. smokeybravo said:
    I've found a lot of programs don't read the APUs temps properly. It's not a problem with your CPU, rather the software. If it's only warm to the touch, it's not that hot. A CPU that hot would make it hard to keep the laptop on your lap because of the heat.

+1 to that.

I would try different programs to see if you can get a more accurate temp reading, make sure to use the most up to date versions of the programs.
  9. Ok. One more question, i left the laptop on overnight two times. One when i was trying to upload a video to youtube (it got cancelled for some reason though) and the other time i left it on to update overnight to update. Since the laptop would have been running for some time would this cause the laptop to automatically to stay at a certain temperature all of the time. Like it causes itself to run at the same temperature.
  10. Ok, i downloaded Core Temp and it told me my CPU's temperature is at 43 degrees celcius. I'm relieved, thanks for the advice guys! :D
  11. iceclock said:
    laptops in general overheat.

not hard to grasp this concept. confined space, junky coolers. heat cant escape.

+1
  12. should still check to to see the load temperatures during video rendering/editing or gaming. My 5+ year old toshiba laptop used to idle at 50-60C, and under high load would go above 90C easy. I ended up taking it apart, cleaning the huge dust clot, cleaned the heatsink, fan, and CPU, applied new thermal paste and it now runs at 30-40c idle and not above 60C under load. it was just annoying taking it apart hah.
  13. cheers.
  14. deboss1997 said:
    I used a program to check my computer's temp and realised my CPU's temperature was 90 degrees celcius, but the laptop was not hot. It was a little warm to the bottom of it. I would like to know if that is how the computer opearates normally, or otherwise.

Specs:
    AMD A10-4600M
    Radeon 7660G HD Graphics
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    750GB
    Windows 8

There are 2 types of temp sensors a diode and a transistor the program your using probably shows the wrong one have a Toshiba with the a10 4600 and it shows the same thing even though some of the othe temps are fine, I think it shows false readings.
  15. Sensor bug is all. Use multiple third party software to see what your processor temperature is.

HWMonitor
    SpeedFan
    Core Temp
    Real Temp
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers