Sign in with
Your question

Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 2GB vs EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB FTW

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 1:09:04 AM

Hi guys,

Just shopping around for a new GPU and I have narrowed it down to these two choices... Assuming I overclock the Galaxy to levels similar to the EVGA, which of these cards would be better? (eg, cooling, performance etc...) I can get the Galaxy for $399au and the EVGA for $455. I am after a 'closed' type GPU so the exhaust air is forced out the back of the card (not back into the case). Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Buying from Australia so pccasegear.com.au and ebay.com are really my only buying options.

More about : galaxy geforce gtx 670 2gb evga geforce gtx 670 2gb ftw

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:27:31 AM

neither. get a msi power edition gtx670. if you have bad airflow, then you should get these. otherwise, its fine.

is the galaxy one with stacked 6pin power plugs? if not, get the ftw
m
l
August 15, 2012 1:38:24 AM

Both the cards mentioned can be viewed here:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...

The Galaxy has 2x6pin plugs, which my Antec 650w Platinum should handle

Airflow wont be fantastic, but should suit the mini-itx I run it in.

I am also considering the Palit GeForce GTX 670 2GB Jetstream, but I dont know too much about that either.. From what I can tell, they all seem to have similar specs...
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 1:46:21 AM

The cheapest I can find the MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition OC 2GB is for $495 on ebay.. So basically, does the price match the performance/temp? (compared to the other cards mentioned?)
m
l
a c 663 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 2:09:18 AM

That's a pretty big price jump going from a reference Galaxy card to a EVGA FTW or MSI PE/OC. It's hard to recommend the custom cards with those prices. I would say get the Galaxy card, or as an alternative, the Palit Jetstream, which is a custom model for much less than the other custom cards.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/palit-geforce-gtx-670-jet...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:01:06 PM

if it is a itx case, the cards probably wont fit (unless you are using the bitfenix prodigy)

if the power edition is such a large jump in price, id rather get the evga ftw
m
l
!