IE Toolbar Wallpaper

This works for IE5/IE6 and lets you customize the menu bar and the toolbar
for IE and OE. You have to change the wallpaper design from IE. The option
to do it is not available in OE.

The IE5 Toolbar Wallpaper Web Accessory installs here:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

It saves the different bitmap wallpapers here:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Bitmaps

Can you add your own bitmap pictures to the list? If so, do you need to edit
the script file toolbar.hta and how to do it? For example, I'd like to add
ocean.bmp.
5 answers Last reply
More about toolbar wallpaper

    Also, is there a way to make the wallpaper availalble for Windows Explorer?
    The accessory appears to be just for IE/OE. Is there a way to also make it
    apply to Windows Explorer?

    "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This works for IE5/IE6 and lets you customize the menu bar and the toolbar
    > for IE and OE. You have to change the wallpaper design from IE. The option
    > to do it is not available in OE.
    >
    > The IE5 Toolbar Wallpaper Web Accessory installs here:
    > C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >
    > It saves the different bitmap wallpapers here:
    > C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Bitmaps
    >
    > Can you add your own bitmap pictures to the list? If so, do you need to
    > edit the script file toolbar.hta and how to do it? For example, I'd like
    > to add ocean.bmp.

    I have it set in my Explorer the same as IE. I have had it set for a long
    time so I don't remember for sure how it was down in Explorer but I think it
    was automatically done when I ran it. Have you tried it yet?

    Frank

    > Also, is there a way to make the wallpaper availalble for Windows
    > Explorer? The accessory appears to be just for IE/OE. Is there a way to
    > also make it apply to Windows Explorer?
    >

    > "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> This works for IE5/IE6 and lets you customize the menu bar and the
    >> toolbar for IE and OE. You have to change the wallpaper design from IE.
    >> The option to do it is not available in OE.
    >>
    >> The IE5 Toolbar Wallpaper Web Accessory installs here:
    >> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >>
    >> It saves the different bitmap wallpapers here:
    >> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Bitmaps
    >>
    >> Can you add your own bitmap pictures to the list? If so, do you need to
    >> edit the script file toolbar.hta and how to do it? For example, I'd like
    >> to add ocean.bmp.

    It installed, but the wallpaper only shows up on IE/OE, not Windows
    Explorer. Is it better to uninstall Toolbar Wallpaper and use FreshUI or
    TweakUI to select the appropriate bitmap background? Then it should apply to
    all three applications.

    "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message

    > I have it set in my Explorer the same as IE. I have had it set for a long
    > time so I don't remember for sure how it was down in Explorer but I think
    > it was automatically done when I ran it. Have you tried it yet?
    >
    > Frank
    >

    > "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Also, is there a way to make the wallpaper availalble for Windows
    >> Explorer? The accessory appears to be just for IE/OE. Is there a way to
    >> also make it apply to Windows Explorer?
    >>

    >> "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> This works for IE5/IE6 and lets you customize the menu bar and the
    >>> toolbar for IE and OE. You have to change the wallpaper design from IE.
    >>> The option to do it is not available in OE.
    >>>
    >>> The IE5 Toolbar Wallpaper Web Accessory installs here:
    >>> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >>>
    >>> It saves the different bitmap wallpapers here:
    >>> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Bitmaps
    >>>
    >>> Can you add your own bitmap pictures to the list? If so, do you need to
    >>> edit the script file toolbar.hta and how to do it? For example, I'd like
    >>> to add ocean.bmp.

    There is an option in TweakUI under IE labeled "Toolbar Background" which
    allows you to change color in either or both.

    Frank

    > It installed, but the wallpaper only shows up on IE/OE, not Windows
    > Explorer. Is it better to uninstall Toolbar Wallpaper and use FreshUI or
    > TweakUI to select the appropriate bitmap background? Then it should apply
    > to all three applications.
    >
    > "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have it set in my Explorer the same as IE. I have had it set for a long
    >> time so I don't remember for sure how it was down in Explorer but I think
    >> it was automatically done when I ran it. Have you tried it yet?
    >>
    >> Frank
    >>

    >> "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Also, is there a way to make the wallpaper availalble for Windows
    >>> Explorer? The accessory appears to be just for IE/OE. Is there a way to
    >>> also make it apply to Windows Explorer?
    >>>

    >>> "SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message

  5. how to you UNINSTAL toolbar walpaper from IE 8...i know its only made for IE5/6 but i tried it anyways....now i cant get rid of it....i found other ways of cvhanging my backgrounds.....please help

Configuration Internet Explorer Wallpaper Customization Windows XP