How can i stop my pc fans from becoming REALLY noisy when playing ga

jmaguire94

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi
Recently I put a gaming computer together for the first time and up until now it has been running smoothly and I have been enjoying it a lot. However over the last couple of weeks when I have been playing games the fans speed up immensely after a little while of playing the game (sometimes within 5 - 10 mins while other times it happens after 30 mins). The noise is very loud and sometimes I find it to unbearable and reduces my enjoyment of the game. I think it is because the weather lately has been hotter than usual. I built my computer in the winter (I'm in Australia) so up until now I hadn't played on it in the hot weather. Would this be why the fans are speeding up, because of the increase in temperature so the fans are wanting to try and cool the computer better? Also how could I fix this if this is the case?

Also when I went into the BIOS to look at the fan control options I noticed that of the 3 case fans, 2 were averaging 1200 rpm while another is only averaging 400 - 500 rpm. Is this a problem? They are all the same size fans but should one be spinning so slowly compared to the others?

I hope someone can reply to this as the noise coming from my fans is becoming incredibly annoying and I am a little concerned about fan not operating the same as the others.

JJ1217

Honorable
Case fans, CPU fan, GPU fan.. We need more specs. I'm from Australia too, I could probably lead you to a good Fan controller from mwave or something. For your fan spinning slower, see if you used a cable that supplies less voltage to make the fan run slower and quieter, should fix your issue, however, if it isn't, might be a dying fan :(