Solved

No Post after Upgrading the CPU & MOBO

Hi Experts -

I have upgraded my pc from

CPU : Intel Core 2 duo E7500 ---> Core i5 3570k
MOBO : Asus P5G41CM_LX ----> Asrock z77 extreme 4

PSU : Corsair CX 500
GPU : XFX 6770 1GB DDR5
RAM : Corsair 4GB DDR3 value select

After assembling all these new stuff and i turn on the PC all the components are running perfectly but no post.
Monitor blinks. :cry:

***I never do a fresh install after upgrading.My current windows version is windows 8 pro 64 bit.

All your opinions are welcome..


Thanks,
Sri
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about post upgrading mobo
  1. Do you have a case speaker? And what do you mean by the monitor "blinks"?
  2. montosaurous said:
    Do you have a case speaker? And what do you mean by the monitor "blinks"?


    yes i have case speaker.when i power up the system it doesn't boot up just the led light in the monitor blinks....
  3. Well, what beep code does the case speaker give you, if any? If it doesn't beep at all, then either the motherboard or CPU is dead (only the CPU if you bent pins).
  4. montosaurous said:
    Well, what beep code does the case speaker give you, if any? If it doesn't beep at all, then either the motherboard or CPU is dead (only the CPU if you bent pins).


    I have case speakers but i'm not aware to connect in the motherboard.Today i will try it & let u know the beep codes..beep codes means how it sounds like? either single beep or long beep like that??

    @ i placed the processor in the socket by referring the side two notch so there is no chance to bent pins..
  5. Try booting from your Win 8 disk, just in case when Win 8 last shut down it employed partial hibernation and skipped POST, then because the drivers are totally different to the ones it last used it can't boot...
  6. dodger46 said:
    Try booting from your Win 8 disk, just in case when Win 8 last shut down it employed partial hibernation and skipped POST, then because the drivers are totally different to the ones it last used it can't boot...


    okay thanks bro..will try & let u know :)
  7. Can u please suggest a RAM for my pc setup which is supported by my mobo...

    (I prefer flipkart.com ) <= INR 3000

    Thanks..
  8. Best answer
    the ram that you have now is decent one. If you plan to run a dual channel memory mode then the ram sticks must be identical...sometimes to the point of belonging to same fimware and lot number.

    you can avoid a fresh install in which case you must first set you HDD and chipset drivers to generic to migrate windows between two different chipsets. If you cant do that then a fresh windows install would be the only option.

    you can also compare prices using the sites listed below. Both supply anywhere in India and free shipping is mostly available as an option.

    http://hardwire.in/12-memory-modules-ram#/page-2
    http://www.theitdepot.com/products-RAM+%28Memory%29_C6.html

    a good 1600 gskill ripjaw will a nice option for you. You will have to run that in single channel with your existing ram module.

    good luck
    -satyam
  9. +1 to satyamdubey and go for the fastest you can afford from the list
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Memory
    Note.. your Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 (According to your link) is not listed...
  10. Thank u satyam & dodger...
    i swapped the ram to 3rd slot from the processor...now its working fine...my current windows run perfectly... :)
  11. satyamdubey said:
    the ram that you have now is decent one. If you plan to run a dual channel memory mode then the ram sticks must be identical...sometimes to the point of belonging to same fimware and lot number.

    you can avoid a fresh install in which case you must first set you HDD and chipset drivers to generic to migrate windows between two different chipsets. If you cant do that then a fresh windows install would be the only option.

    you can also compare prices using the sites listed below. Both supply anywhere in India and free shipping is mostly available as an option.

    http://hardwire.in/12-memory-modules-ram#/page-2
    http://www.theitdepot.com/products-RAM+%28Memory%29_C6.html

    a good 1600 gskill ripjaw will a nice option for you. You will have to run that in single channel with your existing ram module.

    good luck
    -satyam


    As u said i will go for G.Skill ripjawsX from the below two which one will be good for gaming

    http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-10666cl9s-4gbxl/p/itmd8ekfxnhgztyd?pid=RAMD8EKF97CEN3FY&ref=1f1e8c2b-3c96-41ac-ba99-29ccb67596bc#read-reviews

    OR

    http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl/p/itmd2rys8pgq3keh?pid=RAMD2RYRXBBF4WC8&ref=1f1e8c2b-3c96-41ac-ba99-29ccb67596bc
    I referred both these rams in Asrock supported memory list both of these are not listed in that unfortunately..will any of these Ram can support my main board!!

    Many thanks
  12. Best answer selected by Srii.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core