Sign in with
Your question

New graphics card, no display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 3:43:00 AM

I have an Asus Rampge that I've been running an 8800GT on with no issues. I recently upgraded to a GTX560. However, it doesn't seem to work at all. No startup info, no bios info/options the screen is blank. However, if you type in your password, the windows 'sound' comes on so I know the PC is booting up but there is no image on the monitor. The GTX560 is fine because we've put it in two other comptuers and it displays just fine. When we put it in the Asus Rampge mobo though there is no image at all. Any suggestions welcome.

More about : graphics card display

August 15, 2012 3:56:15 AM

Most likely not enough power. Check if the cables are connected properly.
m
l
August 15, 2012 5:15:04 AM

Thanks for the response. There is plenty of power. I have two PC's and the other one is running the exact same power supply and is powering a GTX670 OC. I do have all the power cables connected properly. With this particular card it uses both pci-e video power cables but it only needs the two six pins and not the extra two pins that the GTX670 needs. So, both cables are plugged in properly. We've switched power cable positions to see if that made a difference. Nope. The card is definitely powerd up as the fans are spinning.

I've seen quite a few posts in this and different forums with similar problems but none of them ever seem to come back and post the resolution.

I've gone into bios and looked for anything that is related to onboard video etc... The problem is, that this mobo works FINE with an 8800GT. I'm at work tonight but as soon as I get a chance tomorrow, I'm going to try putting the GTX670 in to see if that works.

Summary:

Asus Rampage Formula Mobo + 8800GT = Works fine
Asus Rampage Formula Mobo + GTX560 = Not working
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P + GTX560 = Works fine

We've also tried using a different monitor that was on the 2nd PC in case the monitor was the compatibility issue.

At this point I'm thinking it's a bios issue on the Asus board but the fact that it works fine with the 8800 messes with that.
m
l
!