Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Suitable Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 3:52:59 AM

Hi I'm currently using HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower PC with motherboard Hewlett-Packard 0A58h (XU1 PROCESSOR) and plan to adding graphic card. My friend suggest Gigabyte Nvidia GT630 2GB DDR3 128bit PCI-E Graphic Card GV-N630-2GI, is this compatible with my PC..

Regards

More about : suitable graphic card

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 4:25:37 AM

If the expansion slot bays are small the 630 needs to be low profile. I however have never heard of that card.
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 11:01:54 AM

Here my motherboard detail:

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID <DMI>
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel AGTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 267 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 1066 MHz
Bandwidth 8530 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type Dual DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio 10:8
Real Clock 333 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 666 MHz
Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface

Detail about my power supply:
http://s9.postimage.org/ani2dkei7/CYMERA_20120815_18202...

Graphic card information:
http://www.lelong.com.my/gigabyte-nvidia-gt630-2gb-ddr3...
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 11:07:52 AM

GT 630 is a pretty bad card. I would not get it.

Anyway, what will you use the PC (why do you want to upgrade the graphics card)?. What is your budget?
m
l
August 15, 2012 11:20:28 AM

Sunius said:
GT 630 is a pretty bad card. I would not get it.

Anyway, what will you use the PC (why do you want to upgrade the graphics card)?. What is your budget?

Why you say that? have you use this card before? :??:  . I just want to upgrade for better view and perfomance, not for gaming actually. About the budget I got around $200, that is equal to RM 625 in my country..hehe :D 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 12:38:45 PM

It's pretty expensive card for the performance it provides.

You'll want to get HD 7750 or HD 6670 (low profile versions). HD 7750 would be more powerful.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 12:58:20 PM

suki9191 said:
Why you say that? have you use this card before? :??:  . I just want to upgrade for better view and perfomance, not for gaming actually. About the budget I got around $200, that is equal to RM 625 in my country..hehe :D 

What do you mean with view? And performance in what applications? What do you use your computer for?

Chances are that if you do not play any games or use any other graphic intensive programs, uppgrading your GPU will not provide any noticable benefit.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:16:28 PM

Oh yea about that. If you aren't playing games, you will not see any improvement in upgrading the graphics card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:58:39 PM

But upgrading will let you experience HD viewing and much more so if you want to, then go for it....And you can do light gaming as well with those cards :) 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 3:37:36 PM

pasanwc said:
But upgrading will let you experience HD viewing and much more so if you want to, then go for it....And you can do light gaming as well with those cards :) 

What? "HD viewing"? It won't be any better than with integrated graphics buddy.
m
l
August 15, 2012 4:26:51 PM

cobot said:
What do you mean with view? And performance in what applications? What do you use your computer for?

Chances are that if you do not play any games or use any other graphic intensive programs, uppgrading your GPU will not provide any noticable benefit.

I want to use my PC for editing photos and video. Recently I've upgrade my PC memory to 5GB and reinstall my os to 64 bit but my PC performance does not go as it should..haha :lol:  . So, I think by adding some graphic will solve my problem here..oh yeah, what I mean by poor perfomance is went I using program like photoshop or browser like chrome, my PC suddenly like feel slower (my cursor move slower) and sometimes it will stop responding... I've try reinstall it but still the same...should I go to low profile graphic card instend since my PC is outdate...
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 4:29:52 PM

That's definitely an issue graphics card will not solve.

What are the rest of your specs?
m
l
a c 191 U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 15, 2012 4:51:51 PM

The graphics card is not really going to boost the performance of your computer. Your processor would do that part.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 5:13:20 PM

Sunius said:
What? "HD viewing"? It won't be any better than with integrated graphics buddy.

Extremely disagree bro because I believe my eye (got only one :p )...HD experience is so much better when it comes to dedicated graphics because when using PowerDVD or Arcsoft total media theatre, they uses hardware acceleration (AMD APP/Avivo or Nvidia pure video) so the outputs are so great..
For the image manipulation, like when you make panoramas or other advanced work it will require more performance so the separate card will work better in less time
m
l
August 15, 2012 5:25:49 PM

Sunius said:
That's definitely an issue graphics card will not solve.

What are the rest of your specs?

Here my cpu spec:
CPU Properties:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
CPU Alias Conroe-2M
CPU Stepping L2
Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3
Original Clock [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Min / Max CPU Multiplier 6x / 7x
Engineering Sample No
L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
L1 Data Cache [ TRIAL VERSION ]
L2 Cache 2 MB (On-Die, ECC, ASC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU:
CPU #1 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1862 MHz
CPU #2 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1862 MHz

CPU Physical Info:
Package Type 775 Contact FC-LGA6
Package Size 37.5 mm x 37.5 mm
Transistors [ TRIAL VERSION ] million
Process Technology 8M, 65 nm, CMOS, Cu, Low-K Inter-Layer, 2nd Gen Strained Si
Die Size [ TRIAL VERSION ] mm2
Core Voltage 1.313 V
I/O Voltage 1.313 V
Typical Power 65 W @ 1.86 GHz
Maximum Power 99.4 W @ 1.86 GHz

CPU Manufacturer:
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://ark.intel.com/search.aspx?q=Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Driver Update http://www.aida64.com/driver-updates

CPU Utilization:
CPU #1 / Core #1 66 %
CPU #1 / Core #2 66 %

so now I want both, graphic and procesor..haha ok what cpu should be best for my board??
m
l
August 15, 2012 5:32:10 PM

pasanwc said:
Extremely disagree bro because I believe my eye (got only one :p )...HD experience is so much better when it comes to dedicated graphics because when using PowerDVD or Arcsoft total media theatre, they uses hardware acceleration (AMD APP/Avivo or Nvidia pure video) so the outputs are so great..
For the image manipulation, like when you make panoramas or other advanced work it will require more performance so the separate card will work better in less time

I agree with pasanwc here cuz I see the different went you view a video even 480p fell like 1080 HD! this means HD view right...
m
l
a c 191 U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 15, 2012 5:42:37 PM

That's a pretty slow processor. I would recommend a full computer overhaul unless you want to find a Core2Quad flying around somewhere.
m
l

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 7:31:35 PM

pasanwc said:

You might have been missing drivers or something. Graphics card DOES NOT improve graphics quality. And hardware acceleration DOES NOT do that either. All it does is it transfers the load from CPU to GPU. Stop confusing people.

As for OP: well, you could either get a used core 2 quad for something like $30-40, or buy a new motherboard and a new CPU (much more expensive). And I'm still sticking with my recommendation: you do not need a graphics card.

P. S. That processor is more than enough for your mouse not to lag. You surely didn't install any crapware, did you?
a c 191 U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 16, 2012 12:09:52 AM

Sunius said:
You might have been missing drivers or something. Graphics card DOES NOT improve graphics quality. And hardware acceleration DOES NOT do that either. All it does is it transfers the load from CPU to GPU. Stop confusing people.

As for OP: well, you could either get a used core 2 quad for something like $30-40, or buy a new motherboard and a new CPU (much more expensive). And I'm still sticking with my recommendation: you do not need a graphics card.

P. S. That processor is more than enough for your mouse not to lag. You surely didn't install any crapware, did you?

I'd have to agree with this as well. A graphics card isnt really going to do anything for the average user unless he/she is running 2 monitors or gaming or both. Also graphics related applications such as video work and what not.
m
l
August 16, 2012 8:36:39 AM

Best answer selected by suki9191.
m
l
!