Solved

Suitable Graphic card

Hi I'm currently using HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower PC with motherboard Hewlett-Packard 0A58h (XU1 PROCESSOR) and plan to adding graphic card. My friend suggest Gigabyte Nvidia GT630 2GB DDR3 128bit PCI-E Graphic Card GV-N630-2GI, is this compatible with my PC..

Regards
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suitable graphic card
  1. If the expansion slot bays are small the 630 needs to be low profile. I however have never heard of that card.
  2. Here my motherboard detail:

    Motherboard Properties:
    Motherboard ID <DMI>
    Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower

    Front Side Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 267 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 1066 MHz
    Bandwidth 8530 MB/s

    Memory Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Dual DDR2 SDRAM
    Bus Width 128-bit
    DRAM:FSB Ratio 10:8
    Real Clock 333 MHz (DDR)
    Effective Clock 666 MHz
    Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

    Chipset Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface

    Detail about my power supply:
    http://s9.postimage.org/ani2dkei7/CYMERA_20120815_182026.jpg

    Graphic card information:
    http://www.lelong.com.my/gigabyte-nvidia-gt630-2gb-ddr3-128bit-pci-e-graphic-card-gv-n630-2gi-castleit-110038031-2013-06-Sale-P.htm
  3. GT 630 is a pretty bad card. I would not get it.

    Anyway, what will you use the PC (why do you want to upgrade the graphics card)?. What is your budget?
  4. Sunius said:
    GT 630 is a pretty bad card. I would not get it.

    Anyway, what will you use the PC (why do you want to upgrade the graphics card)?. What is your budget?



    Why you say that? have you use this card before? :??: . I just want to upgrade for better view and perfomance, not for gaming actually. About the budget I got around $200, that is equal to RM 625 in my country..hehe :D
  5. It's pretty expensive card for the performance it provides.

    You'll want to get HD 7750 or HD 6670 (low profile versions). HD 7750 would be more powerful.
  6. suki9191 said:
    Why you say that? have you use this card before? :??: . I just want to upgrade for better view and perfomance, not for gaming actually. About the budget I got around $200, that is equal to RM 625 in my country..hehe :D



    What do you mean with view? And performance in what applications? What do you use your computer for?

    Chances are that if you do not play any games or use any other graphic intensive programs, uppgrading your GPU will not provide any noticable benefit.
  7. Oh yea about that. If you aren't playing games, you will not see any improvement in upgrading the graphics card.
  8. But upgrading will let you experience HD viewing and much more so if you want to, then go for it....And you can do light gaming as well with those cards :)
  9. pasanwc said:
    But upgrading will let you experience HD viewing and much more so if you want to, then go for it....And you can do light gaming as well with those cards :)


    What? "HD viewing"? It won't be any better than with integrated graphics buddy.
  10. cobot said:
    What do you mean with view? And performance in what applications? What do you use your computer for?

    Chances are that if you do not play any games or use any other graphic intensive programs, uppgrading your GPU will not provide any noticable benefit.


    I want to use my PC for editing photos and video. Recently I've upgrade my PC memory to 5GB and reinstall my os to 64 bit but my PC performance does not go as it should..haha :lol: . So, I think by adding some graphic will solve my problem here..oh yeah, what I mean by poor perfomance is went I using program like photoshop or browser like chrome, my PC suddenly like feel slower (my cursor move slower) and sometimes it will stop responding... I've try reinstall it but still the same...should I go to low profile graphic card instend since my PC is outdate...
  11. That's definitely an issue graphics card will not solve.

    What are the rest of your specs?
  12. The graphics card is not really going to boost the performance of your computer. Your processor would do that part.
  13. Sunius said:
    What? "HD viewing"? It won't be any better than with integrated graphics buddy.


    Extremely disagree bro because I believe my eye (got only one :P)...HD experience is so much better when it comes to dedicated graphics because when using PowerDVD or Arcsoft total media theatre, they uses hardware acceleration (AMD APP/Avivo or Nvidia pure video) so the outputs are so great..
    For the image manipulation, like when you make panoramas or other advanced work it will require more performance so the separate card will work better in less time
  14. Sunius said:
    That's definitely an issue graphics card will not solve.

    What are the rest of your specs?


    Here my cpu spec:
    CPU Properties:
    CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
    CPU Alias Conroe-2M
    CPU Stepping L2
    Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3
    Original Clock [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    Min / Max CPU Multiplier 6x / 7x
    Engineering Sample No
    L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    L1 Data Cache [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    L2 Cache 2 MB (On-Die, ECC, ASC, Full-Speed)

    Multi CPU:
    CPU #1 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1862 MHz
    CPU #2 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1862 MHz

    CPU Physical Info:
    Package Type 775 Contact FC-LGA6
    Package Size 37.5 mm x 37.5 mm
    Transistors [ TRIAL VERSION ] million
    Process Technology 8M, 65 nm, CMOS, Cu, Low-K Inter-Layer, 2nd Gen Strained Si
    Die Size [ TRIAL VERSION ] mm2
    Core Voltage 1.313 V
    I/O Voltage 1.313 V
    Typical Power 65 W @ 1.86 GHz
    Maximum Power 99.4 W @ 1.86 GHz

    CPU Manufacturer:
    Company Name Intel Corporation
    Product Information http://ark.intel.com/search.aspx?q=Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    Driver Update http://www.aida64.com/driver-updates

    CPU Utilization:
    CPU #1 / Core #1 66 %
    CPU #1 / Core #2 66 %

    so now I want both, graphic and procesor..haha ok what cpu should be best for my board??
  15. pasanwc said:
    Extremely disagree bro because I believe my eye (got only one :P)...HD experience is so much better when it comes to dedicated graphics because when using PowerDVD or Arcsoft total media theatre, they uses hardware acceleration (AMD APP/Avivo or Nvidia pure video) so the outputs are so great..
    For the image manipulation, like when you make panoramas or other advanced work it will require more performance so the separate card will work better in less time


    I agree with pasanwc here cuz I see the different went you view a video even 480p fell like 1080 HD! this means HD view right...
  16. That's a pretty slow processor. I would recommend a full computer overhaul unless you want to find a Core2Quad flying around somewhere.
  17. Best answer
    pasanwc said:
    Extremely disagree bro because I believe my eye (got only one :P)...HD experience is so much better when it comes to dedicated graphics because when using PowerDVD or Arcsoft total media theatre, they uses hardware acceleration (AMD APP/Avivo or Nvidia pure video) so the outputs are so great..
    For the image manipulation, like when you make panoramas or other advanced work it will require more performance so the separate card will work better in less time


    You might have been missing drivers or something. Graphics card DOES NOT improve graphics quality. And hardware acceleration DOES NOT do that either. All it does is it transfers the load from CPU to GPU. Stop confusing people.

    As for OP: well, you could either get a used core 2 quad for something like $30-40, or buy a new motherboard and a new CPU (much more expensive). And I'm still sticking with my recommendation: you do not need a graphics card.

    P. S. That processor is more than enough for your mouse not to lag. You surely didn't install any crapware, did you?
  18. Sunius said:
    You might have been missing drivers or something. Graphics card DOES NOT improve graphics quality. And hardware acceleration DOES NOT do that either. All it does is it transfers the load from CPU to GPU. Stop confusing people.

    As for OP: well, you could either get a used core 2 quad for something like $30-40, or buy a new motherboard and a new CPU (much more expensive). And I'm still sticking with my recommendation: you do not need a graphics card.

    P. S. That processor is more than enough for your mouse not to lag. You surely didn't install any crapware, did you?


    I'd have to agree with this as well. A graphics card isnt really going to do anything for the average user unless he/she is running 2 monitors or gaming or both. Also graphics related applications such as video work and what not.
  19. Best answer selected by suki9191.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics Product