Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help me choose Corsair vs Antec PSU????

Last response: in Components
Share
February 19, 2013 8:06:05 AM

i'm upgrading components in my dell studio 540 tower. i figure with everything i'm adding a 500 watt PSU should cover the load. i went to Frys to pick up a Corsair tx 550m (which was $61 but is now $79) but the guy i spoke with talked me into buying an Antec earthwatt 650 for $69. i'm all for saving the earth and some money if i can, but do you think it is a comparable trade off? if not, any recommendations?

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 19, 2013 8:14:44 AM

I would take Corsair TX550m, it is rated at 80 Plus Bronze where as the Antec is only rated at 80 Plus, so in theory the corsair would be better at saving the earth and money if that is a concern.
Share
February 19, 2013 8:21:14 AM

ya 80+ to 80+ bronze is like a 2% difference in efficiency...the reason your helping the earth is eliminating waste cuz the earthwatts and the neo eco series dont come with power cords and are packaged in recycled biodegradeabkle cardboard.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 19, 2013 8:34:05 AM

Personallyt I would never trust an antec PSU, seen too many die for no good reason. Stick with the corsair.
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 6:44:27 PM

ShadyHamster said:
I would take Corsair TX550m, it is rated at 80 Plus Bronze where as the Antec is only rated at 80 Plus, so in theory the corsair would be better at saving the earth and money if that is a concern.


Well the box on the Antec most definitly says 80 plus bronze as well. it is the Earthwatts EA-650 and says up to 88% efficiency. it seems if there was a bigger ceiling on my system it could actually achieve those numbers and be mroe efficient then the Corsair. in theory atleast
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 6:48:55 PM

ARICH5 said:
ya 80+ to 80+ bronze is like a 2% difference in efficiency...the reason your helping the earth is eliminating waste cuz the earthwatts and the neo eco series dont come with power cords and are packaged in recycled biodegradeabkle cardboard.


mine came with a power cord, maybe i have a newer model
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 6:50:22 PM

plasmastorm said:
Personallyt I would never trust an antec PSU, seen too many die for no good reason. Stick with the corsair.


only reason i even considered the Antec is because i seen the review from the guru and it was almost spot on with the Corsair
m
0
l
!