Is there a way of keeping WinExplorer directory tree open?

Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and never
closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big deal I
guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.

Thanks
Steve
UK

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

(the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Steve Love" wrote:
| Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
| Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and
never
| closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big deal
| guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.
|
| Thanks
| Steve
| UK

Does that shortcut work in other Windows operating systems also (95, 98, Me,
2000), or just XP?

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;
>
> %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\
>
> (the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Steve Love" wrote:
> | Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
> | Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and
> never
> | closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big
> deal
> | guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Steve
> | UK

Yes, in all of them.