Is there a way of keeping WinExplorer directory tree open?

Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and never
closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big deal I
guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.

Thanks
Steve
UK
3 answers Last reply
More about keeping winexplorer directory tree open

    Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;

    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

    (the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Steve Love" wrote:
    | Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
    | Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and
    never
    | closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big deal
    | guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Steve
    | UK

    Does that shortcut work in other Windows operating systems also (95, 98, Me,
    2000), or just XP?

    "Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read;
    >
    > %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\
    >
    > (the /e switch is what provides the functionality.)
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Steve Love" wrote:
    > | Is there a way if keeping the directory tree open in Windows Explorer XP
    > | Pro's left hand pane, so that the drive icons are always present, and
    > never
    > | closes?. Currently I have to click 'My Computer' to open them. No big
    > deal
    > | guess but just one of those things that annoys after a while.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > | Steve
    > | UK

    Yes, in all of them.

    --

    "SeaMaid" wrote:
    | Does that shortcut work in other Windows operating systems also (95, 98,
    Me,
    | 2000), or just XP?

Configuration Customization Windows XP