Hi

After a worm was found on my pc by AVG virus scanner, I have found that the
background tab is missing on my display properties window. I just have the
screen saver and settings tab present. Also when a picture is right clicked,
the "set as desktop background" option is present but when you click it
nothing happens. Does anybody know if i could reinstall this part of windows
or am i going to have to format hdd and reinstall windows

Thanks

Ben Rudder

Restore Desktop Display Properties:-
Line 285 Right hand side - restore display tabs.

"Ben . R" <BenR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> After a worm was found on my pc by AVG virus scanner, I have found that the
> background tab is missing on my display properties window. I just have the
> screen saver and settings tab present. Also when a picture is right clicked,
> the "set as desktop background" option is present but when you click it
> nothing happens. Does anybody know if i could reinstall this part of windows
> or am i going to have to format hdd and reinstall windows
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben Rudder

Thank You Very much, thats solved it!

"TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:

> Restore Desktop Display Properties:-
> Line 285 Right hand side - restore display tabs.
>

> "Ben . R" <BenR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > After a worm was found on my pc by AVG virus scanner, I have found that the
> > background tab is missing on my display properties window. I just have the
> > screen saver and settings tab present. Also when a picture is right clicked,
> > the "set as desktop background" option is present but when you click it
> > nothing happens. Does anybody know if i could reinstall this part of windows
> > or am i going to have to format hdd and reinstall windows
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ben Rudder

I've just checked and actually although the missing tabs are now back, I
can't browse or select an original windows wall paper. I can't even scroll
the box with the list of wallpapers in it. The set as desktop background
also doesn't work.
Any ideas?

> "TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Restore Desktop Display Properties:-
> > Line 285 Right hand side - restore display tabs.
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >

> > "Ben . R" <BenR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > After a worm was found on my pc by AVG virus scanner, I have found that the
> > > background tab is missing on my display properties window. I just have the
> > > screen saver and settings tab present. Also when a picture is right clicked,
> > > the "set as desktop background" option is present but when you click it
> > > nothing happens. Does anybody know if i could reinstall this part of windows
> > > or am i going to have to format hdd and reinstall windows
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Ben Rudder

Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Ben . R wrote:
> I've just checked and actually although the missing tabs are now
> back, I can't browse or select an original windows wall paper. I
> can't even scroll the box with the list of wallpapers in it. The set
> as desktop background also doesn't work.
> Any ideas?
>>
>> "TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Restore Desktop Display Properties:-
>>> Line 285 Right hand side - restore display tabs.
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>>

>>> "Ben . R" <BenR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

saharq

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I have the same problem. I followed your instructions and got the background tab back, but it won't let me change the background on my desktop or do anything. I followed the other link you gave on the sfc, but did not know what exactly I was supposed to do. How can I fix this problem?

TRENDING THREADS